Hello!

• Hello everyone. I'm pretty much the new kid on the block when it comes to anime. I really love Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and I recently just finished YuYu Hakusho; I grew up with the Dragon Ball series but I haven't really been able to branch out until I found out about the Funimation subscription service. What would you all recommend? Obviously things like DBZ would be good. Detective and crime would be good genres as well. I like really well thought out plots and things like that and I hate plots that are rushed/feel like they're being rushed to meet a deadline.

Thank you and happy new year!

• Hello and welcome! I am fairly new to anime myself. I grew up watching DBZ and am eager to discover other good anime shows just like yourself. I am sure that someone will have some wonderful suggestions for you. Anyway, I hope to see you around the forum from time to time, fellow DBZ fan!

• Welcome to the forums, nub. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

As far as recommendations go, if you're into long-running shonen series like Dragon Ball and Yu Yu Hakusho, then be sure to check out One Piece, Fairy Tail, Toriko, and Soul Eater. As for detective and crime dramas, there's Case Closed, Cowboy Bebop, Psycho-Pass, Baccano!, Darker Than Black, and Black Lagoon. Also, be sure to check out some of the "anime essentials" such as Trigun and Fullmetal Alchemist, and watch the movie Akira if you haven't done so already.

• Thank you for the suggestions, SpacemanHardy. I actually did watch Trigun and I agree, it definitely is an essential "must watch" for anyone. I heard about FMA but I never had the time to watch it. I'll probably make some time now.

• Welcome nub to the forums. A few suggestions I can give that should fit your request are.. D.Gray-man, Sprial, Black Cat, Bamboo Blade, Chrome Shell Regios, The Devil is a Part-timer, A Certain Magical Index and side story A Certain Scientific Railgun. Hagani and Is this a Zombie should be a good watch for you too. Hope you enjoy.