Tired of waiting for the rest

• New forum, new topic inquiring about the rest of this show. When it first came out I remember turning down, as I always do, my friends' pirated versions in favor of getting the official merchandise. Watched the first 50 or so episodes on the first two dvd sets and then this show completely disappeared. What happened to the rest of the show? I understand there are around 104 episodes in total. Now I am sitting with half a show on my shelf and no way to finish watching it.

A lot of new licenses are constantly being acquired by Funimation, which is always great, but it certainly does not paint a good picture when a show is unceremoniously dropped like that. Thus I hereby open an official inquiry into the status of this show (especially seeing as there is still a forum for it).

Thanks for your time.

• Unfortunately, I think there are some licensing issues surrounding the second half of the show and that's why Funimation has yet to release it.

• The most recent update from someone at FUNimation I can find at the moment is from last May and that they were "still working on it" and it was "a little difficult".

• i couldn't agree more, they shouldn't have just dubbed half of the series, but hopefully if people could make enough noise for the anime, they would probably have more of a reason to try and get the license for the rest.

• @Shiroi:

The most recent update from someone at FUNimation I can find at the moment is from last May and that they were "still working on it" and it was "a little difficult".

I feel like at this point they should change it to "it's very difficult" haha. But if they're still working on it odds are it'll get done eventually. They'd have given up otherwise since it's kind of a waste of time/energy/money/etc. if they didn't think they'd be able to get it all sorted out.

• I was on a similar thread about six months ago regarding the "delay" as funi puts it for the rest of D. Gray man to be completed dub. I am still waiting and did as suggested by other members to purchase the save edition. However, I am still boycotting all funimation products which is very disappointing to me. Just got into Soul eater and Bleach and really want to purchase the series but going to hold up to what I said. I will continue to wait and not to be rude, but funi needs to get their gear together and get this awesome series completed and stop making the fans wait.

• It's been at least a year or more since I bought the first two box sets, and I remember asking about this same topic on the old forum. I'm sure plenty of people are getting tired of waiting. I'd really like to know why they're having such a difficult time obtaining the rights for the rest of this show.

• @cartafa:

I'd really like to know why they're having such a difficult time obtaining the rights for the rest of this show.

D.Gray Man episodes 52-103 are not licensed due to issues with Dentsu.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2010-10-22
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2012-05-18

@cartafa:

I was on a similar thread about six months ago regarding the "delay" as funi puts it for the rest of D. Gray man to be completed dub. I am still waiting and did as suggested by other members to purchase the save edition. However, I am still boycotting all funimation products which is very disappointing to me. Just got into Soul eater and Bleach and really want to purchase the series but going to hold up to what I said. I will continue to wait and not to be rude, but funi needs to get their gear together and get this awesome series completed and stop making the fans wait.

FUNimation cannot get the rest until the issues are fixed in Japan, so blaming and boycotting them for something outside of their control would be ill informed.

• @jlaking:

@cartafa:

However, I am still boycotting all funimation products which is very disappointing to me. Just got into Soul eater and Bleach and really want to purchase the series but going to hold up to what I said.

FUNimation cannot get the rest until the issues are fixed in Japan, so blaming and boycotting them for something outside of their control would be ill informed.

And I don't know what issue cartafa has with Viz, but Bleach isn't a Funi property.

• @cartafa:

Just got into Soul eater and Bleach and really want to purchase the series but going to hold up to what I said. I will continue to wait and not to be rude, but funi needs to get their gear together and get this awesome series completed and stop making the fans wait.

First off, Bleach has nothing to do with FUNimation whatsoever. It's licensed by Viz Media.

Secondly, while I think boycotting FUNimation products completely is a little extreme, if you want, you could always import Manga UK's release of Soul Eater for around £23. You have to have a region free DVD player to watch it, but it is an option.

• Dude, don't punish yourself with a boycott over something that, short of hostile and extreme measures, is probably out of Funi's hands

• You know, they have these forums for communication. Why not post a sticky at the top where they can let us know the status of these unfinished works?

I'd love to buy the rest of these sets . . .

• @Hasmonean:

You know, they have these forums for communication. Why not post a sticky at the top where they can let us know the status of these unfinished works?

I'd love to buy the rest of these sets . . .

I don't think they'll finish it.

• @jlaking:

D.Gray Man episodes 52-103 are not licensed due to issues with Dentsu.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2010-10-22
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2012-05-18

This problem has been around for a while. The problem is Dentsu doesn't seem to be in any great hurry so its 100% out of Funi's hands. I have had both seasons since they originally came out so I understand wanting to get the rest of them but don't blame Funimation for teh problem.

• @Enigma:

This problem has been around for a while. The problem is Dentsu doesn't seem to be in any great hurry so its 100% out of Funi's hands. I have had both seasons since they originally came out so I understand wanting to get the rest of them but don't blame Funimation for teh problem.

Dentsu has a product that was dead for more then a decade….not exactly good money when you think about it.

Good news is the author of the series itself has come off hiatus!!! August 5th, 2014 her next Graphic Novel comes out!!

Details and purchasing options can be found here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/releases.php?id=26756

• I too would like to know the status. Is it still an issue with Dentesu and licensing? Glad the writer is writing again too,

• @Conquistador0:

Good news is the author of the series itself has come off hiatus!!! August 5th, 2014 her next Graphic Novel comes out!!

Details and purchasing options can be found here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/releases.php?id=26756

Unfortunately, that's just the English version's release date, volume 24 was released in Japan last November and is the last volume currently out. The series is still on hiatus, and has been for about a year and a half at this point. :( Hopefully Hoshino's health will improve soon, or whatever else is going on with the series will be resolved.

• I just wish we could get Dubs of the old stuff done.

• I know I love this show. When I got to the end and than there was no more. I was so pissed and upset that it was at such a horred cliffhanger. When we finally get it that will be a good day. But could there also be a issue with the main voice actor being the main voice in another ongoing anime? Or is it possible for voice actors to work on more than one show at a time?

• @malkiv13:

Or is it possible for voice actors to work on more than one show at a time?

yes, it is

• Yeah I just realized that they didn't have the last half of the series after I had bought them. I guess I can only hope they will do it soon but it's been too long that I doubt it at this point.