Cowboy Bebop: The Movie?

• Does Funi's Bebop license include the movie? I can obviously see that it's not in the shop or on streaming, but is this something to maybe look forward to within the next few years?

• nope. Sony Pictures owns it

• Well that's rather a shame. The existing US Blu-Ray release is kinda not especially good. Only stereo sound (in spite of the DVD having 5.1), no special features (in spite of the DVD having plenty)… The video transfer itself is decent, but that's all. If Funimation were to do it, I'm certain they would do a better job.

• I picked up the DVD version of the movie. I loved the movie, the music, and animation was phenomenal once again. Nice to hear Steven Blum's voice as I just finished the series not too long ago. Disappointed in the lack of extras for the DVD. Would still recommend though to include as part of the Bebop collection.

• @madhatter12:

Disappointed in the lack of extras for the DVD.

I think you're confusing the DVD with the bluray release. The bluray is the one that has no special features. The DVD release has tons.

• Is it too late for me to include the arbitrary "FUNi get us season 2 of Bebop" now?

• @Davidism:

Is it too late for me to include the arbitrary "FUNi get us season 2 of Bebop" now?

I'll sign your petition!

P.S.- $5 at Walmart.

• Cowboy Bebop doesn't have a second season. The movie is set mid-series, I think between episodes 19 and 20 but I'm not sure as my collector's copy (which is the release that had the pile of extras) was stolen several years ago.

• @Razmoudah:

Cowboy Bebop doesn't have a second season. The movie is set mid-series, I think between episodes 19 and 20 but I'm not sure as my collector's copy (which is the release that had the pile of extras) was stolen several years ago.

We know. Davidism was just making a joke.

• @Covarr:

Well that's rather a shame. The existing US Blu-Ray release is kinda not especially good. Only stereo sound (in spite of the DVD having 5.1), no special features (in spite of the DVD having plenty)… The video transfer itself is decent, but that's all. If Funimation were to do it, I'm certain they would do a better job.

Yea it sucks, but the blu-ray is still the best to watch just the movie even if its not 5.1. Visually better than the DVD and everything else.