Halp?!

• Just recently joined Funimation. I had hoped to shop on the online store for some new DVDs and placed an order on December 10th because I want to support the company that handles most of my favorite shows. However, after receiving my confirmation email regarding my order I haven't received any other information or updates. I emailed support at the address given to me through the confirmation and have since placed a ticket a few days after sending the email which also hasn't been addressed.

I would post in the "Funimation Help" forums but since I'm new to the site I cannot create new threads there. My questions then are:

Is there a place that I might be able to get one-on-one help with my order issues? Was my ticket even submitted correctly? How can I get in contact with anyone to get this resolved?

• From CJ (admin):

In order to give our Support Team members time to spend with their family, we will be offering truncated support hours through the holidays.

Technical support team members will be available throughout the holidays, but with reduced hours and may not be immediately available. Please expect technical support delays.

I will be closing down the various open threads in this forum– please post about any support issues that need attention, here-- moderators, you may also direct anyone who has questions in another thread to this one.

--

In addition, we are aware that there has been a reoccurring issue since our last update that has caused some users to sporadically see database errors and that these errors will occasionally cause the site to go offline.

We are able to resolve these issues when they happen, though it may take a few minutes for a resolution, and we are working on an actual, permanent solution.

In the meantime, the site is up more than it"s down. If you experience these issues, please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience and will have this issue completely resolved as soon as possible-- you do not need to create tickets about this issue at this time.

More then likely your support ticket was submitted correctly, and more then likely your order was completed successfully.
    The main issue that arises that may prevent a product from shipping is the store getting too many orders at once and Funimation just hasn't been able to delivery it yet, more likely it was successfully shipped but the shipping confirmation email was not sent yet.

Another issue that comes up frequently is a certain item in the order is pre-order or currently out of stock, until all items are available the order will be held and shipped later.

Hopefully Funi will get back to you with a more official reason soon!

• @St0ck:

From CJ (admin):

More then likely your support ticket was submitted correctly, and more then likely your order was completed successfully.
    The main issue that arises that may prevent a product from shipping is the store getting too many orders at once and Funimation just hasn't been able to delivery it yet, more likely it was successfully shipped but the shipping confirmation email was not sent yet.

Another issue that comes up frequently is a certain item in the order is pre-order or currently out of stock, until all items are available the order will be held and shipped later.

Hopefully Funi will get back to you with a more official reason soon!

Thanks for the quick answer! So then is there no way to contact support directly through the site or by phone? I've just been looking for some sort of update about my order (i.e. - Has it shipped or if not why?) and a way to get a quick answer would be great! I realize that not every company has phone lines open around this time of year but still couldn't find a support number anywhere nor an online support chat.

• You'll receive an e-mail when your package has shipped with the tracking number.

• @dryarae:

Thanks for the quick answer! So then is there no way to contact support directly through the site or by phone? I've just been looking for some sort of update about my order (i.e. - Has it shipped or if not why?) and a way to get a quick answer would be great! I realize that not every company has phone lines open around this time of year but still couldn't find a support number anywhere nor an online support chat.

Unfortunately there is no direct phone line to Funimation, the Email you sent was the most direct link for communication.
    You can also post here:
    http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?5402-Haven-t-Heard-From-Support
    CJ often reads the forum and will double check to make sure your ticket wasn't lost and will offer further information when she can.
    Sadly it's the perfect storm of most Funi staff being on vacation with family coupled with this being the heaviest shopping season of the year.

P.S. Double check to make sure none of the items are on pre-order or currently out of stock, if they are your order is being held until all items are available.

• http://m.yp.com/flower-mound-tx/mip/funimation-entertainment-303714

If you must speak with someone, try the number in the link. Maybe they'll transfer you to the appropriate person concerning your order. Option no 2, would be to wait for CJ or Sophia (forum reps) to respond to your order concerns.

• Although we're a large player in this industry, we're a comparatively small company when held up against things like Hulu or Netflix or other entertainment services– we have a very small, but dedicated number of support agents and it's just not possible for us to offer either 24-hour or instantaneous support options at this time. We're looking into adding these options in the future, of course! But for now, you need to submit a ticket and wait for your inquiry to be answered that way.

I can't assist at all with shipping inquiries, but I do see that your ticket is in the correct place in the system for resolution.

However, although we do not normally advise submitting a new ticket about the same issue, in your specific case you may wish to submit an additional ticket at this time, with the reason code "Shipping" as for your specific issue, this may get you a faster support answer.

Thank you for your patience!