Just Started Watching

• I finished AoT today and heard good things about Psycho-Pass. It's like GitS, and that's awesome (and it's Production I.G as well). The whole thing with the Enforcers is like DC's Suicide Squad.

• well, the first season is good. the second, not so much.

• Do either of you know when the rest of the episodes in season 2 will be dubbed? I thought it seemed each Saturday they would be releasing another dubbed episode and this week it should have been 30 but it's still only in subbed.

• They announced that the broadcast dub would be on break for the holidays. http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/12/23/funimation-broadcast-dubs-taking-a-break-for-the-holidays/

• @Getchman:

well, the first season is good. the second, not so much.

I'd like to hear your reasons for disliking season 2 so much. I'm watching the dubs, so no spoilers, if you can keep from it.

I haven't really noticed any drop in the story-telling. There might be some mild pacing issues now that we're in mid-season, but that can still be overcome in time for the finale.

! Do you just not connect with Kamui like you did with Makishima? Or are you missing Kogami's intelligence and philosophy? What do you not like?

• @StarwindAmada:

I finished AoT today and heard good things about Psycho-Pass. It's like GitS, and that's awesome (and it's Production I.G as well). The whole thing with the Enforcers is like DC's Suicide Squad.

Love this show! It has a similar feel to GitS:SAO, but delves into more philosophical territory. I really like it as dystopian scifi.

• I agree this show it great. Also I thought they were releasing new Dubs on thursdays as well? I noticed one thursday there were 2 new dubs rather than one like the previous week.

I noticed Season 2 is at Episode 33, is that the last episode or will it continue?

Also thanks for the notice, I had a feeling they were on a holiday break.

I'm a new Premium member here, anyone have any other recommendations on here? I just finished watching Jorgumand, which was amazing!

• @paige62182:

I'd like to hear your reasons for disliking season 2 so much. I'm watching the dubs, so no spoilers, if you can keep from it.

well, basically everything that was established in season one was pretty much ignored by Ubukata in season 2. he's got things happening that were not possible based on the first season. it's just a giant mess and it's pretty amusing.

as a stand alone project, eh its ok. as a sequel, total crap, and pointless filler until he movie comes out.

• @roughrider8182:

I'm a new Premium member here, anyone have any other recommendations on here? I just finished watching Jorgumand, which was amazing!

There are tons of awesome shows here, so a lot will depend on what you're looking for. Good action shows like the two you've mentioned are Speed Grapher and Black Lagoon. Good shows without quite as much action would be Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head, and Black Butler.

As to the dub schedule for PsychoPass, this is what Funimation is calling a Broadcast Dub, which means they dub it and broadcast it just a short time after it airs for the first time in Japan. A lot of their scheduling has to be dictated by what happens with the show in Japan. I feel sure this season will probably have a full season like the first one, so barring unforeseen circumstances, there will be 24 episodes in this season. It will take the total to 48.

• @Getchman:

well, basically everything that was established in season one was pretty much ignored by Ubukata in season 2. he's got things happening that were not possible based on the first season. it's just a giant mess and it's pretty amusing.

as a stand alone project, eh its ok. as a sequel, total crap, and pointless filler until he movie comes out.

! What are you using to determine your possible/impossible determination? Because the only "person" who gave us any idea of what was possible or impossible was Sibyl, and Sibyl is basically a culture-wide lie. I'm interested to see what happens.