FUNimation app for Wii-U.

• I figured all the cool kids were making app suggestion threads for their favorite platforms already, so why can't I? =^_^=

Anyways, Crunchyroll just revealed their new app for the Wii-U, and I figured if you guys want to compete, it might be a good idea to get started on one of your own pretty soon. I can attest that ever since I got mine, I've been using the Wii-U almost exclusively for my Netflix and Hulu streaming. The touchpad makes things a whole lot easier to control, and the video quality is honestly better than my 360 or PS3 ever were.

So yeah. Please consider working on a Wii-U app if you haven't already. :)

• Another suggestion, If Funimation decided to convert to HTML5 there would be no need to make more apps for consoles.

• @sandman64:

Another suggestion, If Funimation decided to convert to HTML5 there would be no need to make more apps for consoles.

Funimation has an HTML5 player, but it only seems to work with mobile browsers.

• I second the Wii U app… that would be hawt.

• You should make one!

• I'll add my voice to this. I already downloaded CR's WiiU app and like it a lot, so it would be great if Funi could do one too.

• I would like a Wii U app myself but we'll probably get the "their are no plans right now for a Wii U app right now maybe in the future" response that all the game developers give us Wii U owners

• @bigwalrus23:

I would like a Wii U app myself but we'll probably get the "their are no plans right now for a Wii U app right now maybe in the future" response that all the game developers give us Wii U owners

Yep. Pretty much. :)

We haven't announced any intention to develop an app for the Wii U, but if we were going to release one, it wouldn't be released until AFTER the other apps we've already announced development for– which means at least three more apps that need to come out before a Wii U app.

• So, with Crunchyroll now having a Wii U app out now, has this affected whether or not to develop a Wii U app?

• @CJ:

Yep. Pretty much. :)

We haven't announced any intention to develop an app for the Wii U, but if we were going to release one, it wouldn't be released until AFTER the other apps we've already announced development for– which means at least three more apps that need to come out before a Wii U app.

If there's no intention without demand, I'll add my, er, pseudoname to the list requesting this. For the moment Funimation is either Roku or web for me, and the Roku channel doesn't seem to offer access to the queue.

• Videos work on the FUNimation website via the Wii U Web Browser when you set the User Agent to "iPhone".

The Web Browser does not save the set User Agent so it must be set back to "iPhone" before trying to watch a video each time you launch the Web Browser.

The Crunchyroll app works fine on the Wii U so far and videos play from the FUNimation site so all that is left is for Netflix to get profiles support on their Wii U app and the Wii U will be my main anime watching device. I share a Netflix account with others in my household so I am required to keep all my stuff on a profile and not the main queue so not using a profile is not an option.

• Yes funimation wii u app. Im sure by the end of the year we will have one out for all three consoles wii u xbone ps4.

• Wii U app would be great. trying the user agent changing thing right now and it's not working for me.

• A Funimation app for Wii U would be great. I'd use it all the time.

• Yes, definitely. I think this would be a fantastic idea!

• Thank you, everyone. We can certainly look into it. Please do keep adding to this thread as we can use it to gauge interest.

For those curious, the HTML5 player works with Safari 6+. It's not just mobile.

• I would love a fun app for Wii U!

• I would love love love a Wii U app! I'm sure there is a lot of crossover between Nintendo fans and anime fans! :)

• I'd be super down for a Wii U app for Funimation. Definitely love my Wii U system and that'd be a great thing to use on it alongside my Crunchyroll app too.

• I am also really interested, as I am a subscriber to Funimation and CrunchyRoll, and since the latter has an app for the Wii U, if I had to drop one, it would have to be Funimation, unfortunately. I watch most of my things in my room with the Wii U controller screen, and it would be wonderful to watch my Funimation shows on it! So yeah, I am adding my voice to this!

• I'd like to add my vote for a Wii U app. And make use of the Wii U's potential functionality, unlike Crunchyroll, which just ported over an app that has no touch controls besides the keyboard. One of the amazing things about the Wii U browser is the ability to display a video on the TV screen while being able to go to a completely different website on the GamePad.