Funimation europe preview episode's

• To cut to the chase i live in europe and when i try to view the preview episode's of a anime it says that they don't work in this area that might be because of that funimation is american or japanees i dont know for sure.

so i wanted to know if that might change any time in the future.

if anybody has any anwsers to my question's it would be very greteful.

from fellow user SOFTWARE DIVIDER

• They are restricted to North America and Canada, and that's probably not going to change

• Funimation only have rights to licenses anime in north america
    Here a list of company that are allow to license anime in Europe
    101 Films (United Kingdom)
    Anime Limited (United Kingdom, France)
    Black Box (France, Belgium, Switzerland)
    Dybex (France, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany*)
    Dynit (Italia, Switzerland)
    Kana Home Video (France, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland)
    Kazé (France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, United Kingdom)
    Manga Entertainment UK (the main branch of "Manga Entertainment")
    MVM Films (UK)
    StudioCanal UK (UK)
    Animaze (Germany)
    FilmConfect (Germany)
    KSM Film (Germany)
    Nipponart (Germany)
    Peppermint Anime (Germany)
    Universum Film GmbH (Germany)

• We currently only have rights to stream in the US and Canada. We're always looking into expanding our rights in every way– new series, different rights for existing series, and more rights for devices. I am unable to comment, however, on the likelihood of us being able to stream in additional countries to the United States and Canada.

• The main problem is I use CrunchyRoll and when you license an anime a lot of the time in the UK we get screwed over and it doesn't show any where as you seem to have the English sub rights for example Absolute Duo this winter season (unless I'm missing it somewhere else). Is there anything you can do about this either expand to allow UK and other European countries that get captured as English speaking (Scandinavia seems to) or come to licensing agreements that don't block other countries. Otherwise you're are just encouraging pirating. Thanks.

• Although details are rather slim at this point, FUNimation recently revealed on their Twitter account that they are working on expanding their streaming territories in 2015:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-05/funimation-to-expand-anime-streaming-outside-n-america/.82923

Keep posted for future developments. ~_^

• Thanks for the quick reply, the problem is they need to sort out the way they are licensing the shows at the moment. If they can only stream US and Canada they can't take full english sub rights as it just screws over other english speaking countries. Once they can stream outside of North America to other english speaking countries then I'm all for them competing with existing suppliers and will happily sub.

• can you try to get rights to stream in norway

• @sorbin:

Thanks for the quick reply, the problem is they need to sort out the way they are licensing the shows at the moment. If they can only stream US and Canada they can't take full english sub rights as it just screws over other english speaking countries. Once they can stream outside of North America to other english speaking countries then I'm all for them competing with existing suppliers and will happily sub.

Sometimes the companies in Japan will give all the rights to a company since it involves less paper work.

• 0 day customer, belgium. Please allow me to subscribe.