Hello! I'm new.

• Hey! My name is Mandy. I'm new to this forum. I grew up watching DBZ with my brother when it was airing on TV. I've recently purchased all of the DBZ episodes on blu-ray and have been diligently re-watching them. It has definitely brought back a lot of memories. Anyway, in my spare time when I'm not working or re-watching DBZ, I love to read, watch movies, and play video games. Huge Nintendo fan here. I'm sort of new to anime shows seeing as how the only one I watched growing up was DBZ. I feel like I've missed out on a lot, so if you have any suggestions of shows I should watch, let me know and I'll check them out.

• Hi Mandy. Welcome to the forums. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

As for show recommendations, let's start you off with the basics: Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Yu Yu Hakusho. Also, be sure to watch Akira if you haven't yet.

• Welcome to the forums Mandy. A couple suggestiongs I can give you would be back Cat, Spice & Wolf, Summer Wars, Hagani and A Certain Magical Index & A Certain Scientific Railgun.

• Thank you both for the warm welcome and the recommendations! I've written them down and will check them out as soon as I finish re-watching DBZ. I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum, and discovering new (to me) anime shows to watch.

• Hey Mandy welcome to the forum!

There are lots of great anime out there so enjoy! All have been great suggestions so far so I will just suggest one more personal favorite of mine Steins Gate. It is amazing, Enjoy re-watching DBZ!

• Welcome to the forums; hope that you post a lot around here.

Here are some of my recommendations: Shingu: Secret of the Stellar War, Heroic Age, Bamboo Blade, Samurai 7, School Rumble and Summer Wars.

If you are interested, don't forget to check out the link in my sig about requesting the FUNimation Channel.

• Thank you for the welcome and the suggestions, torrin and jlaking! I can't wait to check them out.

• Welcome, Mandy! There are a ton of great anime shows, so it's just a matter of finding the ones that appeal to you. I got my anime start with DBZ as well. I can whole-heartedly agree with SpacemanHardy's recommendations, as well as Torrin's because Steins;Gate is my current "Best Anime of All Time". That changes periodically, though. I loved Summer Wars, as well.

I would recommend Attack on Titan, PsychoPass, either of the Fullmetal Alchemists (but watch the original before Brotherhood for the most emotional impact), Ouran High School Host Club, and Mushishi to get a random sampling of the wide variety of shows there are available. That way you can get a better idea of the types of shows that appeal most to you.

• Thank you, paige62182, for the welcome and the recommendations! I've got a few days off this week from work due to the holiday, so I'll definitely check out a few that you mentioned. I appreciate the wide ranges. That will help me to narrow it down a bit and see which types of anime shows I prefer.

• hi,i'm new

• Hello I'm recently returning. Nice to meet you.

• Hello :) I'm new.

• Hello and welcome!