Terminator Genisys

• How did I not see this until recently?

Well, after a movie set during the war….And now it's all reset. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWrF7jYCU68

The premise?

In 2029, John Connor, leader of the Resistance, continues the war against the machines. At the Los Angeles's offensive, John's fears of the unknown future begin to emerge when John is notified by his army unit, Tech-Com, that Skynet that will attack him from two fronts, past and future, and will ultimately change warfare forever.

On the verge of winning the war against Skynet, Connor sends his trusted lieutenant Kyle Reese back through time to save his mother's life and ensure his own existence. However, Kyle finds the original past changed. After being orphaned at age nine by a T-800, sent to kill her when she was young to prevent the future, Sarah Connor has been brought up by another Terminator T-800 programmed to protect her. This Terminator has then trained her to face her destiny, which she adamantly tries to reject. Now, Kyle and Sarah have to escape the new T-800 and the T-1000 sent by Skynet to kill them, with the help of the old Terminator

I can't say I'm surprised they went with the sequel/prequel/reboot all-in-one route. It did wonders for Star Trek and X-Men: Days of Future Past.

While I would have liked to stay in the war, Terminator was always at its strongest with me with the war of the future being fought in the past angle from the first two movies (the third one to an extent as well, though not done as good IMO).

And I'm not going to complain about a young but already badass Sarah Conner (played this time by the 'Mother of Dragons' from Game of Thrones) and Kyle Reese teaming up with the Terminator (a role reprised by Arnold Schwarzenegger) against another T-800 and a T-1000 in closer to the present day (though I'm sure it's in the '80s).

I'll reserve my judgment since even going back to the premise that made many of us fall in love with the series (war of future fought in present) doesn't guarantee it'll be good.

• Finally. I've been waiting for news on this. I was a little afraid it might have been postponed indefinitely after that illegitimate child stuff Arnold went through. Looks pretty sweet too.