The Slayers Movies and OVAs

• I don't suppose it's too much to hope for that Funimation might one day re-release these movies with a new dub and featuring Lisa Ortiz as Lina while she's still in the business? It was great that she (and the rest of the cast) came back for seasons 4 and 5 and it would be such a treat for fans to finally have a proper dub of the Slayers content outside the series itself.

• Re-releasing the movies and OVAs? At this point, it's unlikely. I have a feeling that the Slayers ship has sailed for FUNimation. Nothing is impossible, though.

Re-dubbing them? Not a chance. FUNimation isn't interested in re-dubbing anything that isn't the Yu Yu Hakusho: Poltergeist Report movie at this point.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Re-releasing the movies and OVAs? At this point, it's unlikely. I have a feeling that the Slayers ship has sailed for FUNimation. Nothing is impossible, though.

Re-dubbing them? Not a chance. FUNimation isn't interested in re-dubbing anything that isn't the Yu Yu Hakusho: Poltergeist Report movie at this point.

I see. That's a shame. I just knew that they did that with the early seasons and movies of DBZ years ago for the sake of consistency and was hoping that they might be willing to give Slayers a similar treatment since it too is a relatively popular and well known series. I'd buy them all if they did do it and I doubt I'd be the only one.

I apologize for making two threads about this. I just wanted to make the suggestion but only discovered the more appropriate Funimation General forum after I started this thread and didn't know how to delete or transfer it.

• Just an FYI, the films and OVA's will be getting a remastered Blu-Ray release in Japan; February of 2015, I believe. Unfortunately, we won't see a remastered BD print coming out to North America any time soon.

One of ADV's post-dissolution companies still retains the rights to the movies and OVA's. From what I remember, Funimation tried to purchase the rights from ADV about 10 years ago, but came out empty handed.

The best thing to do in this situation is to wait. There may be a chance to see the BD remasters get released through Right-Stuf.

• @sevxzw:

One of ADV's post-dissolution companies still retains the rights to the movies and OVA's.

If that were true, Sentai or ADv would have released another set.

• @jlaking:

If that were true, Sentai or ADv would have released another set.

Sentai does not have any obligation to print/re-release another DVD set, just because they have the distribution rights. For all we know, there are variables that prevent them from doing so, e.g. getting permission from the production studio and its parent company, paying royalties to the voice actors (many of whom, retired within the past decade), dealing with other domestic distributors, etc etc.

But if it makes you feel any better, the BD Remasters have been cancelled. Due to "technical issues" and lack of market interest.