I hope FUNimation licenses Mamoru Hosoda's next film (which is announced)!

• The ANN (Anime News Network) released info today of Mamoru Hosoda's next film. If you are unfamiliar with Hosoda, he has directed such films as The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and (one of my favorite films) Wolf Children. His new project is titled "The Boy and the Beast".

Here's a quote from Hosoda: "The movie is a training story about a boy who was separated from his parents and becomes a disciple of a bakemono (supernatural creature). It's going to be a traditional yet novel story."

Here's another bit straight from ANN: "The story is set in the human realm (Tokyo's Shibuya ward) and the bakemono realm ("Jūtengai"). In these two worlds which must not intersect, there lives a lonely boy and a lonely bakemono. One day, the boy gets lost in the bakemono world, becomes the disciple of the bakemono Kumatetsu, and is renamed Kyūta."

In my opinion, it doesn't look as amazing as Wolf Children (which is one of my favorite films), but nevertheless it still looks great.

The cherry on top: if FUNimation licenses it. They've found previous success with Hosoda's other films, so most likely they will.

"The Boy and the Beast" releases in Japan on July 11, 2015.

Oh, and I have a question: if FUNimation were to license this, when would it be released on Blu-ray in North America considering the July 11, 2015 Japan release date?

Link to the ANN article: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-11/summer-wars-mamoru-hosoda-makes-1st-new-film-in-3-years/.82041

*I think this is the right place for this thread.

• Considering they got Wolf Children and Summer Wars, it quite likely they'll try to get his new film as well.

• Hopefully they can also get the girl who lept through time providing the licensing limbo ends