Report button on the forums?

• First of all, thank you to the mods for cleaning up the troll mess last night. Secondly, why is there no report function on these boards? How can we get that function back?

• Well, even if you reported a post, someone would still have to "physically" clear it out.

We're working on increasing our monitoring hours of the forum, but if something happens while everyone is asleep, all the reporting in the world isn't going to do anything, unfortunately.

• Ah… I understand. I just wasn't sure what the protocol was. Thank you again for everyone who took care of the mess!

• Not giving your mods the power of an outright ban leaves this forum fairly vulnerable.

• This is why we don't make information about what our moderators can and cannot do on the forums publicly available. :)

I'm unable to discuss the specifics of this further for similar reasons.

• i saw spaceman was trying to clean it up last night when he got online.
    it would be nice if mods could at least freeze thier posting abilities until a admin could see whats going on.
    anyways thanks for cleaning up last night mess :)

• @CJ:

This is why we don't make information about what our moderators can and cannot do on the forums publicly available.

^^ ^^ ^_^