What If FUNimation were to redub Neon Genesis Evangelion?

• Would you want the Rebuild Dub Cast or a differently new dub?

• Erm.. we already have a thread on this, but since an Evangelion redub is what I want the most right now, I guess another thread isn't such a bad thing.

I'd be love it to be redone the Rebuild cast! They're all wonderfully talented. Even the people who took part in the ADV dub have improved massively. If they have to recast the roles, I'd be somewhat disappointed, but since this is Funimation, whatever we get will probably still be good.

• Well, for one thing, it's never going to happen. EVER.

But, if theoretically it ever did, then that would mean re-casting Amanda Winn Lee again.

And I'm pretty sure that counts as a deadly sin. >0<

• @SpacemanHardy:

Well, for one thing, it's never going to happen. EVER.

But, if theoretically it ever did, then that would mean re-casting Amanda Winn Lee again.

And I'm pretty sure that counts as a deadly sin.

I think they should keep the ADV cast and all of the bonus features that were available in the ADV DVD's as well as a Evangelion Retrospective.

• The ADV dub is terrible. And if Funimation's just going to reuse the ADV dub, then they shouldn't even bother buying the rights to the series.

• and just ignore all the money? that would be stupid

• @tumblingdown:

The ADV dub is terrible. And if Funimation's just going to reuse the ADV dub, then they shouldn't even bother buying the rights to the series.

I thought that the ADV dub was good enough.

• Yeah, maybe its just nostalgia for my first major anime experience, but i think the dub was just fine and i think myself and a bunch of other nostalgia freaks might riot if they re-dubbed

• @8hatman8:

Yeah, maybe its just nostalgia for my first major anime experience, but i think the dub was just fine and i think myself and a bunch of other nostalgia freaks might riot if they re-dubbed

Why the hell would you care? You already have a dub you like. I don't have a dub I like, so if I get a new dub, then I'll finally be satisfied. You'll be satisfied either way because you still have the ADV dub either way– unless you're so petty that you want it to be the only dub, in which case..

• The time they spend to redub something that either I don't care about or already has a dub I'm satisfied with is time that's taken away from dubbing a brand new show that I might wish to see a dub for. That's certainly reason enough to care whether or not they redub something, considering they both share the same amount of entitlement

The "Why do you care about what I want?" angle is a two-way street

• @Riles:

The time they spend to redub something that either I don't care about or already has a dub I'm satisfied with is time that's taken away from dubbing a brand new show that I might wish to see a dub for. That's certainly reason enough to care whether or not they redub something, considering they both share the same amount of entitlement

The "Why do you care about what I want?" angle is a two-way street

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Io3pdtdLzw

• Opinions are fun!

• @tumblingdown:

Why the hell would you care? You already have a dub you like. I don't have a dub I like, so if I get a new dub, then I'll finally be satisfied. You'll be satisfied either way because you still have the ADV dub either way– unless you're so petty that you want it to be the only dub, in which case..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWnEJQxieVQ

• I'm not entitled. Saying that I want a certain outcome does not make me entitled. Heck, rallying support for that outcome doesn't, either. I mean, we're talking about the home video release for a Japanese TV show. I don't understand how any opinion expressed in the discussion by anyone could be construed as indicative of entitlement.

• Rudely dismissing someone who expresses their opinion which clashes with your own (i.e., saying they don't care about a redub) is pretty indicative of self-entitlement

• @Riles:

Rudely dismissing someone who expresses their opinion which clashes with your own (i.e., saying they don't care about a redub) is pretty indicative of self-entitlement

Sorry about that.

• @Riles:

Rudely dismissing someone who expresses their opinion which clashes with your own (i.e., saying they don't care about a redub) is pretty indicative of self-entitlement

You're right. I've behaved very immaturely in this thread, and though one could say there's never a good reason to behave this way, there was literally no reason at all- good or not- for me to do so. I'm sorry.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Well, for one thing, it's never going to happen. EVER.

Well somebody said something along those lines about licensing LoGH, that it would never happen EVER.