A Certain Magical Index The Movie: Miracle of Endymion

• I hope Funi makes their trailer exactly like this: http://youtu.be/93aRDsvsBc4

• Well here's the actual trailer.http://youtu.be/P85lZvC2-FU

• SPOILERS!!!

The FUNimation trailer isn't that bad I actually really like it even a bit more than the original, mostly because I hated that song they were playing the entire time, not that the song itself is bad but I just didn't think it fit the trailer and was really distracting.

With that being said I really wanted to see a clip of that scene with Stiyl surfing on top of the magically supped up 50's cadillac in high speed chase while battling those spider mechs with Innocentius because that is one the best scenes in the Raildex franchise let alone the movie and it would have been awesome for the trailer, so much so I have to wonder why they didn't have it, seriously Stiyl in a high speed chase using Innocentius to battle against spider mechs. THAT IS THE TYPE OF SCENE THAT CAN SELL THE MOVIE IF IT WAS THE ONLY THING IN THE TRAILER!!!

Side Note: I know technically there is clip of that scene in there but it's before Innocentius is even released so it barely counts.

• Spoiiiillllllleeeeeeerrrrssssss

• Sorry, I wasn't thinking.

• @Remido:

Sorry, I wasn't thinking.

Soooo, are you going to edit it?

• How is that, or do you think I should delete it all together?

• Lol probably

• Lol probably

• i have a question is this movie like a season 3 of this anime

• @notsofreindly:

i have a question is this movie like a season 3 of this anime

no, it is not

• @notsofreindly:

i have a question is this movie like a season 3 of this anime

No, the Index anime series is based off a series of Light Novels, however, the movie is a new story that is it's own and isn't an adaption of anything. Chronologically the movie takes place between the Remnant Story Arc and the Daihasei Arc. There is also a PSP game "A Certain Magical and Scientific Ensemble" that acts as a prequel to the movie but it will probably never be licensed and translated, finally there is also a special LN that retells one of the story arcs from the PSP game but I have no clue rather or not Yen Press is even thinking about hitting on that one, my guess probably not. But all in all the movie itself stands up as it's own self contained story arc that takes place between episodes 7-8 of season 2.

• Is funimation currently streaming the subbed version of this movie? I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. (I'm on mobile if that makes a difference).

• So what is going on with this Movie? I see at the Funimation store and at BestBuy it shows that the BD won't be released until the middle of February. But on Amazon it is available to purchase now. I just canceled my pre-order with BestBuy and ordered it from Amazon since it is supposedly available to ship today.

@Remido:

No, the Index anime series is based off a series of Light Novels, however, the movie is a new story that is it's own and isn't an adaption of anything. Chronologically the movie takes place between the Remnant Story Arc and the Daihasei Arc. There is also a PSP game "A Certain Magical and Scientific Ensemble" that acts as a prequel to the movie but it will probably never be licensed and translated, finally there is also a special LN that retells one of the story arcs from the PSP game but I have no clue rather or not Yen Press is even thinking about hitting on that one, my guess probably not. But all in all the movie itself stands up as it's own self contained story arc that takes place between episodes 7-8 of season 2.

I have not watched any of season 2 yet. Will it screw me if I watch the movie before I watch Season 2?
    I wanted to re-watch Season 1 before watching Season2. But if the movie shows up Saturday I would like to go ahead and watch that. Since I don't know when I will get around to watching season 2 if I re-watch season 1 first.

• Amazon is just being allowed to release it before any other retailer. this has happened with a couple other funi releases.

No, you don't have to watch season 2 before the movie

• Just saw it, and it's better than i expected. Too bad funimation stated that the index/railgun series isn't doing as good as they expected :'( i wonder if this means no more dubs for future seasons

• Is it just me or did the movie feel far too rushed? It felt like there was enough material here that if they wanted to they could have made it into half of a season rather than just an hour and a half long movie.

• @cowsert:

Is it just me or did the movie feel far too rushed? It felt like there was enough material here that if they wanted to they could have made it into half of a season rather than just an hour and a half long movie.

According to the Director, the Author of the Light Novels that the animes are based off of, Kamachi Kazuma, had enough written material for the plot of the movie to easily make the equivalent of two whole seasons but that was obviously impossible and way too much and they needed to find a way to cut it down to a 90 minute movie. On top of this the movie itself was a essentially 10th anniversary celebration so to speak and they also still needed to get all the characters from both Railgun and Index in there as much as possible. The Director also stated that he was very proud because they were surprisingly able to get almost every major plot point in there in some way even if it was only hinted at, but they just never went in too deep with it. So, you are absolutely right there is a lot more to the plot of the movie however it was always intended to be a 90 minute movie because it exists only as a 10th Anniversary celebration and as an original story not part of the Light Novels and they were forced to cut it down it's just that the author of the light novels is a bit of an overachiever.