Welcome to the real world

• So what's going on in your reality? Something cool, fun, or perhaps a difficult time?

Feel free to share if you so desire, this past weekend, my sister had her wedding; it was a great day; he is a wonderful man and good friend. I got to see some family, some of which I have not seen in over 13 years, so that was very nice to catch up. I didn't get too many pictures, but I'll be sharing those here as well.

These are of a historical hotel in downtown Edmonton where they had the reception, you’ll have to excuse me; I’m not so good at taking pictures.

This is the room where the reception was held; I can’t help but get a Madoka vibe from it.

This is the view from my brother’s room of the river valley.

Well, that’s all I have for today.

• Congrats to your sister! Looks like a lovely place for a wedding.

My weekend was boring, but I'm actually a little grateful for that. Watched the Gophers sweep Bemidji (hockey) on TV with my dad, ate some good food, came back to school to study for my finance mid-term tomorrow and watch some anime in between. I've gotta start prepping for Spring registration (starts mid-November), so that's gonna be hell like it usually is.

• Congrats to you and your family and those are some amazing pics

I LARPed all weekend: first i was a giant simpleminded urban primitive werewolf attempting to deal with the finer points of antique rifles and ripping a tentacle off some creepy cultists body. Then I was a debauchrie loving, grandstanding, albino vampire, wading the seas of undead politicking, attempting to keep others from doing stupid shit, taking advantage of and thumbing my nose at the vampire equivalent of hardcore evangelists, and figuring out how to foil a group of cultists (different cult) from summoning Cthulu into reality. Last I was a wrathful fire elemental changeling who has the appearance of a fallen archangel who attended an autumn party where a fat hobgoblin was selling memories, a two headed moose was selling secrets, mortals possessed by dream demons kept interrupting, and i had to restrain my self from flat out killing the schizophrenic changeling who among his many other stupid actions that day pulled a knife on the succubus that I have an awkward attraction for.

good times

• I'm starting classes back up after a short Fall break basically just a 4 day weekend. Also trying to get over a sinus infection. Other the. That not much going on. Finally got my iPad fixed though. So yay!

• Story Writing, lots and lots of writing of said story. It's really insane how many ideas you trash while writing out chapters for your stories, or how many of them you move around so that it will flow better. Ah the insanity. That and the constant hunt for artists too…yep XD Other then that i guess not much...sighs i guess writing is currently my free time taker...though i plan on picking up my japanese teaching program again tomorrow, need to do something else or risk scaring people again :P hahaha

• My latest endeavor is preparing for my son's first hunting trip into the Pennsylvania woods. He's 12 this year and that means that he can antlerless deer hunt for three days, starting Thursday this week, during archery season with a rifle! I'm hoping for a successful hunt because the freezer is empty. He's very excited. We have been going to the range a lot so that he can practice shooting his rifle and build confidence in his abilities. I think he's ready, but the real test will be Friday morning at sunrise! Besides that, there really isn't anything good or fun going on in my life. Work blows because there isn't any, hasn't been any for a while, and does not show any signs of improvement in the near future. I should have become a politician so I could get paid for accomplishing nothing, but it is too late for that since I have already developed morals. Damn!

• I'm currently in classes right for my junior year of high school. r. In the real world, I have to admit that I haven't seen an anime in over a year. I've been playing football for the Archbishop Mitty Monarchs, similar to Heero if you remember him. 53rd in the state of California :) and that's all for now I guess

Edit: why do I have one post again? I remember at least having 100

• Two midterms and a speech to deliver over the next two days, as I continue my fruitless endeavor towards finding a summer internship for Communication with pretty much any company that seems appealing

• I'm on break for a week from work, I don't have to go back until next Tuesday, I'm at my sister and her husband's house looking after their dogs for a few days while they go on their honeymoon; lucky buggers went to the Dominican Republic and are gone for two weeks.

Oh man oh man are these dogs ever spoiled; one of them keeps trying to steal the others food and anytime I eat lunch he sits by expecting a bite. Sorry little buddy, but this fried chicken is bad enough for me; even worse for you.

Talked to one of the girls from my oil wrestling, she wrestles but also helps run the operations side of things; she told me they hired a new guy, so now we have three males on the roster, the most we've had in a while; I hear he's a bit of a jerk though, shorter and thinner than me and the other guy we have, time will tell soon enough if he's going to last, I'm definitely going to have to watch his first match.

• Well, nothing much going on with me, I kinda live a boring life lol. Probably the most productive thing that's ongoing is my job search.

My parents just got back from Tennessee after moving some stuff to their new home, next Spring is when they move down there for good. Life's gonna feel pretty weird not having my parents nearby. My brother plays in a band, but it's not doing quite as well as they'd hoped. He's hoping to become a music teacher, so it's an interesting path he'll have to take, depending on if his band goes somewhere.

Aside from that, I want to do some creative writing, but the biggest problem I have is that most of the ideas that I've come up with are too similar to what I've been watching in anime. At least I know I'm not the only one in that boat, though :P

• @neonwalrus
    I didn't know that people still did oil wrestling!? I thought that went out with the movie stripes back in the Eighties! Go figure! I'd like to see that live since I was too young to go when it was "popular". I gotta ask how the heck did you get into that sport?

• Currently enjoying my long change. I work at a natural gas fractionating plant (removes impurities while separating out the ethane, propane, butane, isobutane, and natural gasoline from the raw liquids that come out of the wells) and it's shift work. We run rotating 12 hour shifts on a "dupont" schedule so I get a week off every four weeks.

Nothing big was planned this week except catching up on sleep. That means I've been able to rewatch several of my favorite anime this week in marathon fashion (in between college and professional football).

• @dmguaragno:

I didn't know that people still did oil wrestling!? I thought that went out with the movie stripes back in the Eighties! Go figure! I'd like to see that live since I was too young to go when it was "popular". I gotta ask how the heck did you get into that sport?

Well, you see, I was on my way to the bingo parlor, at the YMCA, well, one thing let to another and…...........

Okay, honest answer, on Stripes that was Mud Wrestling, which we've done twice a few years ago; it's kind of a pain in the ass because of the setup, mixing the mud, because it can't be too runny, but it can't be too think either, then there's the clean up, so we don't really deal with mud any more; it also sucks when it gets in the eyes. The girls who run this usually book out halls and do a lot of the organizing while me, the other guys and the girls show up, help set up, wrestle and help clean up; then we get paid.

We use baby oil, it's male vs female which is what me and the other guys do, then some female vs female matches because there's more of them; most of the guys quit after their first match, they don't realize that while it's erotic wrestling, it's still competitive, I've gotten my ass kicked pretty good a few times. We have some strict rules; no standing because the oil makes everything slippery, so, falling over is an injury risk, and certain holds are not permitted like arm bars and such because of the slippery conditions; it's basically competitive freestyle wrestling in oil;; also, no groping each other, it usually gets a warning but continued behavior escalates to a disqualification. There are also no strike attacks allowed, match times range from 15 - 30 minutes, a pin is 5 seconds, a submission is either verbal or a tap out; participants get a one point for each, whoever has the most points at the end of the match wins.

I got into it a few years ago, one of the girls I worked with at Home Depot asked if I would be interested in making a few extra backs and having some fun; they usually pick guys they consider attractive ( I don't consider myself attractive, but whatever, I'm not complaining), a slim, lighter, but toned build.

So, I do have fun with it, but it is pretty difficult too, we usually have these exhibitions every few months, they're not huge, but the turn out is good every time.

• Maybe dmguaragno was thinking less Stripes and more Old School.

"You're my boy, Blue!"

• @Gekiganger:

Maybe dmguaragno was thinking less Stripes and more Old School.

"You're my boy, Blue!"

We've never done anything with the KY jelly; it's so damn expensive! But speaking of Old School, that would suck to have a heart attack right at the start of a match.

• @neonwalrus:

Well, you see, I was on my way to the bingo parlor, at the YMCA, well, one thing let to another and…...........

Okay, honest answer, on Stripes that was Mud Wrestling, which we've done twice a few years ago; it's kind of a pain in the ass because of the setup, mixing the mud, because it can't be too runny, but it can't be too think either, then there's the clean up, so we don't really deal with mud any more; it also sucks when it gets in the eyes. The girls who run this usually book out halls and do a lot of the organizing while me, the other guys and the girls show up, help set up, wrestle and help clean up; then we get paid.

We use baby oil, it's male vs female which is what me and the other guys do, then some female vs female matches because there's more of them; most of the guys quit after their first match, they don't realize that while it's erotic wrestling, it's still competitive, I've gotten my ass kicked pretty good a few times. We have some strict rules; no standing because the oil makes everything slippery, so, falling over is an injury risk, and certain holds are not permitted like arm bars and such because of the slippery conditions; it's basically competitive freestyle wrestling in oil;; also, no groping each other, it usually gets a warning but continued behavior escalates to a disqualification. There are also no strike attacks allowed, match times range from 15 - 30 minutes, a pin is 5 seconds, a submission is either verbal or a tap out; participants get a one point for each, whoever has the most points at the end of the match wins.

I got into it a few years ago, one of the girls I worked with at Home Depot asked if I would be interested in making a few extra backs and having some fun; they usually pick guys they consider attractive ( I don't consider myself attractive, but whatever, I'm not complaining), a slim, lighter, but toned build.

So, I do have fun with it, but it is pretty difficult too, we usually have these exhibitions every few months, they're not huge, but the turn out is good every time.

It all sounds like a lot of fun, but difficult and fatiguing as well. I mean, folding someone up must be near impossible when you can't get a grip on your opponent or brace off of the ring! I did a little wrestling in highschool, but I was always a featherweight. Cross country running was my cup of tea, and because of it I had powerful legs, zero body fat, and little upper body strength. None of which was well suited for wrestling, and of course our school district eliminated wrestling to save some money. Greedy bastards! Oh well!

I never would have guessed that more ladies would be into oil wrestling then men, but then I didn't know that there were still organized matches of this sort, so I have nothing to base my opinions on. I think I'm kind of jealous. I mean, to be surrounded by a bunch of super fit, scantily clad, oil soaked young ladies has got to be a good time even if they all want to kick your butt! Seriously though, washing all of that oil out of your hair has to be the worst!

• I want to follow up on my first post in this thread. My son's first time deer hunting.

Friday morning 10/25/13 my 12yo son and I woke up at 3:30am and drove 3 and a half hours north to my friends farm in Bradford county PA. We wanted to beat the sunrise, but due to road construction, arrived a little late. So, we put on our gear and walked into our hunting spot to find that the farm owner was running his tractor in the field that we were going to hunt over and he had his cows in that field as well. No big deal. We had many options and decided to try another spot. We stalked in quietly thanks to the rain soaking the leaves. We set up a ground blind and sat quietly. Well, at least I sat quietly. Around 3:00pm a good sized doe jumped the fence onto the a ridge up wind of our blind. I ranged the doe at 111 yards, and my son made a perfect text book lung shot just behind the front legs. The deer ran 25 yards and fell in some tall grass. It was all so exhilarating! I'm so proud of my son that I had to share the experience with everyone! Thanks for letting me ramble on here, and if hunting offends you I am sorry, but I'm such a proud father that I can't help but tell the world!

• Congrats to you dmguaragno, im glad to hear you had fun and were successful on your first outing. I hope your son had alot of fun too.

I'm a Vermonter so, even though I have never been hunting, I have a bunch of friends and family who hunt and as long as people are safe and responsible hunters i'm all for it and from your previous posts sounds like you are.

congrats once again

• @dmguaragno:

I never would have guessed that more ladies would be into oil wrestling then men, but then I didn't know that there were still organized matches of this sort, so I have nothing to base my opinions on. I think I'm kind of jealous. I mean, to be surrounded by a bunch of super fit, scantily clad, oil soaked young ladies has got to be a good time even if they all want to kick your butt! Seriously though, washing all of that oil out of your hair has to be the worst!

Well, the reason we have more women than men in it is because everything is facilitated by a few of them, even the lady that is, I guess the top manager works full time as a Chartered Accountant; she does this little business venture on the side for fun and a little extra money. The other reason we have less men than women is because the men quit very easily; usually after the first match because they don’t realize that while the matches are erotic; they’re also competitive. Some guys can’t handle that, some guys are pretty chauvinistic and can’t handle losing to women; and I have heard some pretty misogynistic things from these guys when they lose their matches.

The women are pretty scantily clad, but us guys are as well, we’re given a sort of snug brief to wear; it’s not too high cut, but still leaves little to the imagination. The women are generally nice people, however, when they’re in the ring some of them become sadists; at our last exhibition in September, I fought against a woman that is 6’1” and weighs around 185 – 190lbs. Now I’m 5’10” and weigh about 145 – 150lbs. Our fight wasn’t a match; it was a slaughter; I didn’t get a single pin or submission, but afterwards, that woman and I spent the night together, let’s just say we had a good time and I can tell you it’s a unique experience getting spooned by a woman.

Lastly, you have no idea how difficult it is to get the oil out of the hair it usually takes some intense washing to really get it out.

As for your hunting trip, I’m glad you and your son were able to have a good time together.

As for what’s been going on with me, earlier in the week I was looking after my sister and her husband’s dogs while they went on their honeymoon.

A friend and her fiancé had a baby girl and I got a kick out of this toy in the baby’s playpen:

Been practicing my bass pretty hard, started coming up with some new songs but my hands are a little sore, I’m debating if I should practice today; I probably will because it’s difficult to resist.

• @neonwalrus:

Lastly, you have no idea how difficult it is to get the oil out of the hair it usually takes some intense washing to really get it out.

Actually, I can commiserate. I was a total greaser in highschool, and as such I had many occasions when my hair closely matched the contents of an oil drain pan! Par for the course, but well worth the effort (in both cases I'd think)! In the end I had a car that ran a nine second quarter mile. About 9.6 seconds to be exact, and that is quick for a street legal hot rod!

@neonwalrus:

As for your hunting trip, I’m glad you and your son were able to have a good time together.

Thanks! I'd post pictures, but I don't think that everyone would appreciate them! He's walking on air today, and he is looking forward to telling his friends at school on Monday!

@neonwalrus:

As for what’s been going on with me, earlier in the week I was looking after my sister and her husband’s dogs while they went on their honeymoon.

I love dogs! Those are some very cute family members! Soon, you will be asked to sit other family members, but they will require more attention than the puppies!

• I just completed a two month program and became a certified nursing assistant so I will be switching jobs soon. After 10 years of a dead end grocery store job, I needed a change. Though CNA is kind of a dead end job too, unless I like it and decide to become an RNA or LN, but at least the pay is better and I won't have to work outside in the winter.