I can't remember the name

• Can someone please tell me what the name of this anime is? the setting was in Japan, there was a bunch of sky scrapers, and the sky scrapers would go under ground when aliens attacked. every time the aliens invade, they get more intelligent. to fight off the aliens, they had robots that only certain people could pilot. the robots would fill up with a liquid when the pilots got into them, and synchronized the person with the robot, whenever the robot was damaged, the human controlling it would get hurt in the same part of his body. I saw it once on Toonami and i can't remember the name of it

• Sounds like Evangelion. :)

• Yep. Definitely sounds like Neon Genesis Evangelion to me.

Does this ring a bell, TC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX462lGeoXs

• @JewishBagelShop:

Can someone please tell me what the name of this anime is? the setting was in Japan, there was a bunch of sky scrapers, and the sky scrapers would go under ground when aliens attacked. every time the aliens invade, they get more intelligent. to fight off the aliens, they had robots that only certain people could pilot. the robots would fill up with a liquid when the pilots got into them, and synchronized the person with the robot, whenever the robot was damaged, the human controlling it would get hurt in the same part of his body. I saw it once on Toonami and i can't remember the name of it

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Final Answer.