Anime Series I would like to see a remake

• Future Boy Conon - Ranamed as Conan and would be dark and depressing.
    Rosario + Vampire - More faithful to the manga as well as being more darker.
    Nadia: The Secret Of Blue Water - An alternative retelling with subtle changes while being faithful to the original source material.

That's all I have to think about. If you think that a series should be added, comment below.

• Pandora Hearts: adapt the entire story with better art and animation. The music and voice acting were already good, so it would be nice to get Yuki Kajiura back for the score and keep the same actors.

Umineko When They Cry: more faithful to the VN, adapt all arcs, with better art and animation. Again, stick with the original voices and music, both were good.

I liked both of these series quite a bit as they are, but they both suffer from being horribly incomplete, only setting up the mysteries without really working on the answers. Both have inconsistent (and sometimes straight up bad) art and animation as well. Umineko's anime dropped important points from the material it did cover, and Pandora Hearts ended on some pretty bad filler.

• The majority of fans definitely want a proper adaptation of Fruits Basket, followed closely by Soul Eater.

For me, personally, I want Rurouni Kenshin remade into an anime the most. Yeah us Kenshin fans have three live-action movies, but far as I know, they're not going to cover anything after the Kyoto arc.

• @Firefly:

I liked both of these series quite a bit as they are, but they both suffer from being horribly incomplete, only setting up the mysteries without really working on the answers. Both have inconsistent (and sometimes straight up bad) art and animation as well. Umineko's anime dropped important points from the material it did cover, and Pandora Hearts ended on some pretty bad filler.

Speaking of anime adapted from little source material, how about continuing Deadman Wonderland?

• Arata Kangatari Well the manga story is really good but the anime was just crap cramming 100 chapters into 12eps

Himegoto Its needs to be a full epsiodes instead of 5mins

• Angel Beats!, Soul Eater, Chaos;HEAd, and Tokyo Ghoul all come to mind for things that need to be remade - Angel Beats! was too short, without enough focus on some of the characters, Chaos;HEAd and Tokyo Ghoul are both enjoyable but they are very poorly adapted from their source material, and Soul Eater needs a Brotherhood treatment. Perhaps, someday, we will gaze upon Akame ga Kill and wish for it to get the Brotherhood treatment as well, since it has now deviated from the manga.

Wouldn't mind a remake of Trigun simply to see it with a very modernized art style.

And I doubt it will ever, ever happen, but if UFOtable did the Fate route after UBW, Heaven's Feel and Hollow Ataraxia, I think I'd cry.

• I've always felt like Coppelion wouldn't have felt so rushed and empty if it was given a full 24 episodes to actually characterize the girls and supporting cast

• Rosario +Vampire need one like no freaking tomorrow. Soul Eater starting from the Brew battles, It was pretty close to that point but then went way off course. Would like to see one of Fruits Basket and Rurouni Kenshin like Jaws said. And as good as the show was, Black Cat. The anime was ood ut the manga as with most I know. Much better.

• Claymore for sure.
    idk about Soul Eater. It was pretty close to manga until end. And really the ending for manga was kinda weird anyway lol.

• @sogno:

idk about Soul Eater. It was pretty close to manga until end. And really the ending for manga was kinda weird anyway lol.

Honestly, I prefer the anime ending to Soul Eater. Yes, the whole "Bravery" thing was silly and stupid, but if nothing else at least

! neither Crona nor Mifune get killed.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Honestly, I prefer the anime ending to Soul Eater. Yes, the whole "Bravery" thing was silly and stupid, but if nothing else at least

! neither Crona nor Mifune get killed.

I agree. In the end, I prefer the anime version of Soul Eater. The manga's ending wasn't really all that much better to me.

• Vision Of Escaflowne - Retold to a new audience.

• xxxHolic needs a remake. It started out close enough to the manga but went downhill from there. The anime didn't even scratch the surface of what happens in the books and it wasn't as dark. . .

• @nijixrainbow:

xxxHolic needs a remake. It started out close enough to the manga but went downhill from there. The anime didn't even scratch the surface of what happens in the books and it wasn't as dark. . .

Well to be fair, there was actually a second season of xxxHolic in Japan which delved into the manga's story a bit deeper. However, the first season did so poorly over here that FUNimation never bothered licensing the second one, unfortunately.

It's a shame, too. I'm one of the few people who really liked season 1 of xxxHolic. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

It's a shame, too. I'm one of the few people who really liked season 1 of xxxHolic.

I liked it, but didn't care for the abrupt way it ended. I wanted more of it, so the fact that there is a season 2 out there somewhere makes me think better of it.

• I highly doubt it would happen, but Tenhjo Tenge could stand a remake from scratch. Not sure who's idea it was that after the first 4 episodes that the rest of the series would be stuck in a "2 years ago" flashback, but it was an EXTREMELY dumb one. After all that, we build to a fighting tournament and the anime just ends right there. The 'hero' of the show heading off to go fight in the tournament and that's all she wrote. A cheap @$$ "read the manga if you want more" kind of ending.

• I think a remake of yuyu hakusho would be great in my opinion.

• I'd say a remake of Shamanic Princess.

• I would have to say Black Cat and Rurouni Kenshin.

• I'm probably alone, but I would want a remake of Spiral that actually explains what the Blade Children are.

• I definitely agree to a Rosario Vampire remake or at least a continuation. The manga for that show ended and so now would be a perfect time.