Season 2 Confirmed for 2016

• http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-21/attack-on-titan-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season-in-2016/.81305

That's a quite the wait (or maybe not, 2015 is right around the corner after all), but it'll be well worth it. Needless to say, I'm hyped.

• Most definitely!! Kind of hoping for a broadcast dub of this, but I'd be willing to bet that Toonami has dibs on the English dub broadcast.

• It would be nice if they could pull of a broadcast dub for season 2, they could do something like they did with Space Dandy if Toonami wants it. It's still a ways off, so we'll just have to see what happens and hope for the best!

In the meantime I wonder if Funi has plans to go after the compilation films… The first one just premiered and the second won't be out until June, so I don't know if there's anything new/changed (like improved pacing and art/animation) that would make it a worthwhile pursuit.

• I hope Toonami does have dibs on broadcasting the sequel. I hated waited until the whole show aired before I could watch it here, I don't have the channel. but their marketing machine made the series a smash hit stateside, when the last time that happened. It's really nice when we get dubs of series before they even come out but I wonder if there would even be a season two if not for Toonami broadening the fanbase to much larger numbers than Funimation can at this point in the company's history.

• @ljcarth:

but I wonder if there would even be a season two if not for Toonami broadening the fanbase to much larger numbers than Funimation can at this point in the company's history.

yes, there would be. the show, the manga and various other merchandise related to the franchise is incredibly popular in Japan. that's why it is getting a second season.

• Does anyone else feel that these long gaps between seasons kills the excitement for the show. I start to lose interest if there is an extremely long pause.

• I just finished the series (streamed it here on the website). Wow. It really got good once that new enemy showed up and they entered the forest.

Man, I wish I lived in Dallas so I could be in this series.

• @loki0550:

Does anyone else feel that these long gaps between seasons kills the excitement for the show. I start to lose interest if there is an extremely long pause.

I kind of like long gaps. I forget all about it, then its a nice surprise and I marathon the original again to get into the mood

• Nah, I think after a long gap, I find that I'm not very interested in the series and that it kind of ruins it

• The only video that I've lost interest in because of a long gap is Star Wars. It's one thing to break for a year or two but to be all over the place as they did it over almost 40 years? That's a cash grab crappy thing. AoT is great and I'd be happy just to see a new season whenever they get to it. At least in Anime the characters don't age and have to be replaced by younger less talented ones.

• Dear God. Why is this series so popular? Eren is a big Mary Sue, and the backstory is sooooo late in being explained. And when it finally is…it's not really all that great. Just a big old story about revenge (Both sides seek revenge on the other...'Robotech Shadow Chronicles' anyone?).

• @exiakaiser:

Dear God. Why is this series so popular? Eren is a big Mary Sue, and the backstory is sooooo late in being explained. And when it finally is…it's not really all that great. Just a big old story about revenge (Both sides seek revenge on the other...'Robotech Shadow Chronicles' anyone?).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but have you ever seen an anime where the story was unfolded anywhere but at the end? And if the suspense of any of the battles is lost on you, then in my opinion you are numb. You might to need to unplug for a while and then come back to anime.

• Season 2 is now scheduled for Spring 2017. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-03/attack-on-titan-anime-2nd-season-premieres-in-spring-2017/.103914

Hopefully there won't be any more delays now.

We'll probably get 2-cours again with the Clash of the Titans arc and the Uprising arc. I am curious how they'll handle the transition between the first season's ending with the whole Wall thing and what happened in the manga (considering that's important).

• Nice! I'm glad we finally have a confirmed release date, but I just hope they can stick to it this time. I guess this thread should be renamed. Lol The new visual looks awesome!

• I know its late but does anyone know if funimation is guaranteed the rights to dub the show again or the fact that its owned by Ponycanonusa, will that affect if it gets dubbed or not?

• @NatsuForTheWin23:

I know its late but does anyone know if funimation is guaranteed the rights to dub the show again or the fact that its owned by Ponycanonusa, will that affect if it gets dubbed or not?

The international distribution rights are handled by Kodansha, so theoretically PonyCan shouldn't be able to touch it even if they wanted it.

It's the same reason that Funi got AoT: Jr. High right out from under them, as well.

• This post is deleted!

• @SpacemanHardy:

The international distribution rights are handled by Kodansha, so theoretically PonyCan shouldn't be able to touch it even if they wanted it.

It's the same reason that Funi got AoT: Jr. High right out from under them, as well.

Sounds good, cant wait for it next year. Thanks man!

• This post is deleted!