No Season 2 for Aria?

• The way Season 1 ended it left so many unanswered questions to not have a Season 2. Have they announced a Season 2 anywhere?

• nope. sales were bad, so don't expect a second season

• I knew it wasn't, but I was hoping for a thread about Aria the Animation.

• The show wasn't as bad as I was led to believe. The show left a ton of plot threads hanging but the end was still coherent-ish.

Great dub though. Luci Christian and Todd nailed it. Leah Clark (wish she were still active in dubbing) took Aria, a soulless stereotypical tsundere in the Japanese, and turned her into an actual person, a real character, in the dub. I think that this was the best Zach Bolton directed dub in years.

I would have watched a second season of this had it existed.

• It would be nice to see a second season, especially with all the plot threads they left dangleing there

@sidereal_presence:

Leah Clark (wish she were still active in dubbing)
    I would have watched a second season of this had it existed.

She is still doing dubs, most recently she was Murmur in Future Diary

• I saw over Twitter about a month ago that they were thinking about doing Season 2 as even though the anime didn't sell so well, the light novels sold really well

• @8hatman8:

It would be nice to see a second season, especially with all the plot threads they left dangleing there

She is still doing dubs, most recently she was Murmur in Future Diary

Interesting. I remember when she was "everywhere" on the con circuit to promote Eden of the East (sigh) and after that she disappeared. I thought that she'd be one of those anime actors who we never hear from again after they move to CA but it seems that she isn't (sort of). I tried watching Future Diary but I just couldn't get into it, and I'm in the "Brina was miscast" camp.

I have some questions about the show but they might be spoilers. Is there a "spoiler tag" on this forum?

• Was that source official?

• i think there is going to be a season 2 because over on cartoons online they have episode 13

• @LopezTheDestroyer:

i think there is going to be a season 2 because over on cartoons online they have episode 13

that 13th episode is an OVA

• The voice actors in the EXTRA commentary say something about a season 2 so who knows it might happen

• I wouldn't put any faith into that. ADR director Scott Sager mentions a third seaosn of Sekirei in one of the second season episode commentarys. I think he was under the belief that a third had been or was going to be green lit, and three years later, nothing. what ever they were saying in that Aria commentary was likely wishful thinking since they don't have any sort of inside info that we don't. they find out about more of a show the same time we do, when news sites like ANN report it

• By the time ANN reports something it is old news ;)

Sadly I haven't seen any commentary for this besides the Haberkorn/Christian one because Funi was only streaming that one, so I don't think that I heard this. But it, as was said, wouldn't be the first time the actors/directors talked about a sequel that was not (yet) to be. In one of Sentai's rare commentary tracks (someone needs to light a fire under them to make more of these things), Stephen Foster talked about a sequel in Towanoquon (which had a crap ending and doesn't really need/deserve a sequel, but that's a different story).

• well there was this on ANN:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-12/aria-the-scarlet-ammo-novelist-teases-franchise-new-project

Maybe a second season but since its supposed to be "big and new" i would guess a movie

• @8hatman8:

well there was this on ANN:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-12/aria-the-scarlet-ammo-novelist-teases-franchise-new-project

Maybe a second season but since its supposed to be "big and new" i would guess a movie

Yeah I was gonna put this but it could possibly be a new season 1 but hopefully it's a season 2, everythings up for speculation so all we can do is just wait and see what this big announcement will be. But I can't wait and am looking forward to seeing what it is.

• How can we get this to keep going. I loved this series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The 13th Episode did seem to go away from the rest of the show in how it presented a few things. That usually happens with OVAs, and in this case just got a wee bit more racy. Still, excellent show. WHY NO SEASON 2…waaaaaaaaa...

Well, at least I have my Steins;Gate to comfort me. :D