Vegeta's voice change

• Hi guys,

I did a little bit of google search, but I still didn't really understand.

I am rewatching DBZ with the blu-ray releases now.
    I know that Funimation started the dub during the Ginyu Saga and later redid the start of DBZ.
    It is quite noticable.
    But During the Ginyu and Frieza saga, you hear Vegeta's voice how we all know it this day.
    But during the Trunks saga, I noticed Vegeta's voice sounds completely different.
    I know it's still Sabat, but why this difference?
    What happened?
    And the voice changes back to normal during the Buu saga (from what I've read).
    So I don't get it? Why the change during the Trunks/Android saga's?

• At the beginning, Sabat was trying to imitate Brian Drummond's portrayal of Vegeta and what you hear is the residual of that portrayal. However, when the Season DVD Boxsets first came out, Sabat redubbed some of his lines for the Season 2-4 Sets. Apparently, the voice director did not think that Sabat needed to redub for the Trunks Saga. Hope that helps.

• Alright, thanks!

• @ShadowRaditz89:

At the beginning, Sabat was trying to imitate Brian Drummond's portrayal of Vegeta and what you here is the residual of that portrayal. However, when the Season DVD Boxsets first came out, Sabat redubbed some of his lines for the Season 2-4 Sets. Apparently, the voice director did not think that Sabat needed to redub for the Trunks Saga. Hope that helps.

Why do they always make things complicated whit DB :D