Rude ending

• Is funimation ever planing to make a season two to this show because I really hated the ending I think you could of build on this show I think there were still some mysteries like ryouko's old boyfriend what ever happened to him you can't just have a show just end like that at least I believe if you can can you please at least look at it again and try to build on it. If you please thanks

• Welcome to the forums!

Funimation does not make anime, they only license it, dub it, and then release it on DVD/BD and digitally. It's up to the Japanese animation studio and production committee if they want to make more.

• this show didn't sell very well in Japan, so don't expect a second season

• I just binged-watched this series on Netflix the past few days, and although I really love it and it's become one of my favorite animes, I can't help but agree that that "ending" was really bad. It's funny because I also recently watched all of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, which did almost the exact same thing on the last episode as Okami-san. It's like the writers were like "Hey, let's just make a regular filler-like episode as the last episode! That'd be great, wouldn't it?" Ironically enough, TMOHS was actually extremely popular in Japan and sold a lot, but they still are probably not going to make a 3rd season, which is really frustrating.

Like I said though, I really love Okami-san and Her Seven Companions, so after I watched the whole thing, I went online to see how much the whole series was going for, and I was really surprised to see the list price at a lot of websites at $65. Considering this anime is only 12 episodes long, the price of admission is ridiculously high, especially since I picked up the full series of Sands of Destruction and Dragonauts for $20 each. They are both also rather short, but are much cheaper because of their lack of content. Or because whoever was selling it didn't think they could make that much on it. Whatever. If my ignorance is showing in this department, then I apologize. I suppose it just makes more sense to someone like me who doesn't have a lot of money right now, that if I had a copy of Sands of Destruction in one hand and Okami-san in the other, and I saw they had almost the exact same number of episodes, (Sands of Destruction has 13 eps total, I believe, so not that much of a stretch) I would not hesitate to put down the one with a $65 price tag on it. And that's even with the fact that I liked Okami-san way more than Sands of Destruction. Again, I don't know if that was the equivalent price gap in Japan, but I can't help but think that could have been a major factor into it not selling well.

Sorry about the long post/venting, but I just got really depressed after having enjoyed it so much to now not have anything to look forward to. This is the 3-4th anime that I've watched in recent months that I really enjoyed but for reasons x or y abruptly stopped production and tacked on half-hearted endings. It has made me not want to watch other anime series that my friends are recommending to me that are under 20 episodes, because it seems like they don't have enough time to properly develop the characters, story, relationship, and the setting properly, and I'll just end up thinking "What If…" In most television series' I have seen, seasons are at least 20-24 long (for 20-22 minutes long eps each). I really wish the same were true of more animes.

• @Sonserai:

Like I said though, I really love Okami-san and Her Seven Companions, so after I watched the whole thing, I went online to see how much the whole series was going for, and I was really surprised to see the list price at a lot of websites at $65. Considering this anime is only 12 episodes long, the price of admission is ridiculously high, especially since I picked up the full series of Sands of Destruction and Dragonauts for $20 each. They are both also rather short, but are much cheaper because of their lack of content. Or because whoever was selling it didn't think they could make that much on it. Whatever. If my ignorance is showing in this department, then I apologize. I suppose it just makes more sense to someone like me who doesn't have a lot of money right now, that if I had a copy of Sands of Destruction in one hand and Okami-san in the other, and I saw they had almost the exact same number of episodes, (Sands of Destruction has 13 eps total, I believe, so not that much of a stretch) I would not hesitate to put down the one with a $65 price tag on it. And that's even with the fact that I liked Okami-san way more than Sands of Destruction. Again, I don't know if that was the equivalent price gap in Japan, but I can't help but think that could have been a major factor into it not selling well.

If you shop around at places like Amazon, TRSI, RACS, etc you should be able to find it for maybe $40ish, maybe even cheaper with the holidays coming up. Keep an eye on Funi's store as well.

The reason those other shows are so cheap is because they're re-releases. Okami-san hasn't been re-released yet; it just got a version with a chipboard box and a version without the box, so it's still more expensive.

• I totally agree