Opionion: Why do people want to see an unaltered version of Star Wars?

• There are alot of people who grew up into the new version of Star Wars (The original Trilogy). I want to know why many people hate the new Special Edition of Star Wars Episode IV-VI and why they want them back to the way they were in their original theatrical releases? We all know the meme "Han Shot First" but is it really necessary? I think that Star Wars: A New Hope is perfect even if there's a poorly CGI Jabba or an altered line or two. That is my personal opinion. What's Yours?

• In short, pure nostalgia. It's something that I loved in its original format as a kid, so don't freaking mess with it! To add insult to injury, their changes were badly done.

• @paige62182:

In short, pure nostalgia. It's something that I loved in its original format as a kid, so don't freaking mess with it! To add insult to injury, their changes were badly done.

Like they changed the appearance of Anakin in VI.
    If Disney were to release the unaltered editions soon, would that upset fans or make them rejoice for that Disney done a good thing?

• It might give me some slight hope that Disney would do a decent job with episode VII. As far as I'm concerned Star Wars is a trilogy. Episodes I - III did not happen.

• @paige62182:

It might give me some slight hope that Disney would do a decent job with episode VII. As far as I'm concerned Star Wars is a trilogy. Episodes I - III did not happen.

Apparently, they did. The Clone Wars happened, but the Star Wars Holiday special never ever happened. Don't believe me, listen to Nostalgia Critic as he reviews something that wasn't supposed to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS6PwQcCIXo

• It preserves the films for the way they were intended to be seen. Star Wars was a happy mistake of a miracle. More is owed to the editers that the first film ended up great. George didn't even direct the original trilogies sequels. Any alterations done to them at later dates pervert the films.