Basilisk anime classic edition re-release on blu-ray

• When will we (and I mean we, because there many people wanting to see a re-release of this edition as well) the Romeo and Juliet ninja themed anime Basilisk on Blu-ray again as you have re-released other titles in your collection as part of the anime classic edition. This title definitely deserves the treatment as well as rework on the picture quality of the anime like a remastered version, as viewers did not see really good picture quality of the anime in Blu-ray. Basilisk was well received by anime fans everywhere and was wandering why hasn't there been a new release on the title yet. Is it in the works? Hope so, it will be a day one buy for me. Make it part of your classic collection as it is truly a classic in anime. Let me know funimation as soon as you receive this post. Thank You.

• First of all, Basilisk is already available on bluray:

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/MfrcxEBpxcc2wJ2uk2/browse/item/84862/4/0/0

Secondly, if there really are so many people wanting a re-release of the show so badly, how come you are literally the only person I have ever seen to request it? Basilisk isn't as amazingly popular as you think it is, I'm afraid.

Thirdly, Basilisk never had a bluray release in Japan to begin with. The BD release that FUNimation has out now was an in-house upscale. They probably couldn't make the picture quality any better than it is if they wanted to, and even if they could, Basilisk probably would never sell well enough to recoup the money that they'd have to spend on the remaster.

And lastly, the "Anime Classics" series doesn't really mean all that much. It's basically nothing but a glorified S.A.V.E. edition for titles that sold slightly better and that they can charge a little bit more for. Adding Basilisk to the Classics line probably wouldn't make the slightest bit of impact to it's overall sales or legacy. I mean, heck, they put Masters of Martial Hearts in the Classics line. Let THAT sink in.

So really, I'd just buy the bluray release of Basilisk that FUNi already put out, because that's more than likely the best we're ever going to get. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

First of all, Basilisk is already available on bluray:

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/MfrcxEBpxcc2wJ2uk2/browse/item/84862/4/0/0

Secondly, if there really are so many people wanting a re-release of the show so badly, how come you are literally the only person I have ever seen to request it? Basilisk isn't as amazingly popular as you think it is, I'm afraid.

Thirdly, Basilisk never had a bluray release in Japan to begin with. The BD release that FUNimation has out now was an in-house upscale. They probably couldn't make the picture quality any better than it is if they wanted to, and even if they could, Basilisk probably would never sell well enough to recoup the money that they'd have to spend on the remaster.

And lastly, the "Anime Classics" series doesn't really mean all that much. It's basically nothing but a glorified S.A.V.E. edition for titles that sold slightly better and that they can charge a little bit more for. Adding Basilisk to the Classics line probably wouldn't make the slightest bit of impact to it's overall sales or legacy. I mean, heck, they put Masters of Martial Hearts in the Classics line. Let THAT sink in.

So really, I'd just buy the bluray release of Basilisk that FUNi already put out, because that's more than likely the best we're ever going to get. :hmm:

lmao, you probably shut him up with your response. And from what i heard, basilisk did sell well enough, hence the reason it was put on blu ray in the first place. I'm also sure you're not 100% correct on the Anime Classics line. There are some pretty big sellers there like Yu Yu Hakusho and Samurai Champloo. For all we know, Masters of Martial Hearts sold surprisingly well.

• @dabkowski:

lFor all we know, Masters of Martial Hearts sold surprisingly well.

it did, that's why it's not in the S.A.V.E. line

• @Getchman:

it did, that's why it's not in the S.A.V.E. line

The moderator was implying that it didn't, which is the reason I brought this up in the first place.

• What I'd rather see would be a properly remastered version of the Beserk TV anime, but I don't think anyone retains rights for that show anymore…