CLANNAD Visual Novel Kickstarter info

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Hb4TEBNgZZ4

Sekai Project website | Facebook | Twitter

Help us bring Key"s classic visual novel, CLANNAD, to English-speaking markets through Steam!

Why Kickstarter?

We at Sekai Project have decided to use Kickstarter because the cost of not only providing a professional, top-quality translation for 50+ hours of gameplay, but also covering licensing royalties, developing costs as well as the voices of many of the industry"s top Japanese voice actresses is quite a monumental task and we need your help! As visual novels still only occupy the hearts of a small group of gamers and anime fans overseas, localizing and translating such an epic comes with many risks, and now is our chance to show Key and other amazing visual novel companies together how much we want to enjoy their games in English!

Will CLANNAD be fully voiced?

Yes! If the project is successfully funded, it will be fully voiced in Japanese. Because we're relicensing the original voices the game will include the wonderful voices of Japanese voice actresses such as Mai Nakahara, Ai Nonaka, Mamiko Noto, Kikuko Inoue, and more! Please note that the protagonist was not voiced and we will not be adding voices for his lines. Additionally, we will not be recording an English dub.

Story

After losing his mother in a car accident and subsequently falling victim to an abusive, alcoholic father, Tomoya Okazaki is an emotionally-distant delinquent student at Hikarizaka Private High School. On his way to school, he meets a strange young girl, Nagisa Furukawa, who is repeating the year due to a severe illness. From their brief encounter, she decides that they are friends and enlists his help in order to revive their school"s drama club. With not much more to do, he cooperates with her, making friends with many of the students and learning about the different problems that they face…

Projects Kickstarter page

• Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! I don't know if I would kickstart it, but I would definitely purchase once it was avaialble.

I heard they were doing a translation for Angel Beats too (roughly a similar project). The AB translation project is kind of stuck in limbo at this point from what I understand. A lot of these translations are difficult to get the appropriate alteration and distribution rights for. I have seen tons of these visual novel translations flop out hard, but hopefully this kickstarter is able to pull through.

• If you kickstart $40 you can get a copy of the game if it gets the funding or you loose nothing if it doesn't get the funding.

• So, which brave soul is willing to shell out 7K?

• I went with the $50 pledge for the physical copy. We're absolutely killing it right now!

• This post is deleted!

• https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/clannad-official-english-release/posts

Physical Packaging Update:

Good Morning!

So first off, thanks to the amazing response from you guys we've been able to make the physical version extra special!

We are now planning to make it almost the same as the original 2004 release of CLANNAD first edition. All physical editions are being upgraded for free! We're still working on our own mockups so in the meantime, here's a few pictures of the original Japanese release taken by @misuzulive

So what does that mean? It means you'll be getting a physical edition of the CLANNAD MABINOGI Arrange Album and 80-page physical version of the CLANNAD Fanbook! Lastly, this is also KICKSTARTER exclusive edition, we cannot sell additional copies outside of Kickstarter once it's over so don't miss out on this!

Next up is HD assets and ports, those are still under discussion with VisualArt's. We noticed people were talking about cropped assets and while we haven't seen the actual assets we will let everyone know and have a side by side comparison for everyone to take a look and judge if it should be used or not for our release of the game.

We do have some other ideas being discussed but can't talk about it just yet!

Again, a big big big thanks from VisualArt's and Sekai Project for making this Kickstarter a HUGE success we couldn't do it without everyone's support.

• That stretch goal of $380,000 is gonna be interesting - I want that anthology manga!

• Did you remember to make a pledge for your copy of the Clannad Visual Novel. I am not sure if any physical copy will be available to order after this.

Via https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/clannad-official-english-release/posts/1049386

It means you'll be getting a physical edition of the CLANNAD MABINOGI Arrange Album and 80-page physical version of the CLANNAD Fanbook! Lastly, this is also KICKSTARTER exclusive edition, we cannot sell additional copies outside of Kickstarter once it's over so don't miss out on this

Make a pledge here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/clannad-official-english-release

• via ANN

Clannad Kickstarter Ends With US$541,101

Sekai Project's Kickstarter to publish the Clannad visual novel in English closed on Friday with 5,819 backers pledging US$541,101. In addition, 178 backers on PayPal brought the total to US$551,881.

As a reminder, if you backed the game even with just a $1, this will allow you to get CLANNAD after the Kickstarter closes from BackerKit at any time