The Big-O Disscussion Thread.

• Come here to talk about one of the Best Mech Anime of the late 90's/early 00's often refered to as Batman:TAS Meets Evangelion, lets talk about the adventures of Roger Smith, Dorthy Wayneright & the one the only BIG-O!

Old school awesome Toonami promo!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK_HTdn3NPE

• Origionally released by Bandai, will be getting a Re-release on DVD & Blu-Ray from Sentai in 2014!

Anywho I won't lie Big-O is one of my personal Favorite anime. I had the Bandai sets but due to financial woes had to let them go and am looking forward to Sentai's re-relase!

I also enjoy the manga adaption by Hitoshi Ariga, although I still need to hunt down the last 2 volumes.

• I recently just sold off my copies of Bandai's Anime Legends sets in anticipation of BDs from Sentai. I did hang on to the original collections, since we'll probably never get another release with "Big-O!" as the opening theme. I think I've got all 6 volumes of the Ariga manga, but I thought there was another adaptation out there that was never localized for NA, but I can't find it on ANN.

Also: Tomatoes.

• Needs new season pretend the end didn't happen

• I was late on the train for getting into Big O, I remember seeing it on Adult Swim but never really getting into it. Checked it out on a whim about 3 or 4 years ago now and ever since I've always loved it. One of the aspects that always hit me was the GREAT musical soundtrack that went with it that kinds of blues and jazz mix was fantastic.

• @SS5ant:

Needs new season pretend the end didn't happen

How about a remake (either in manga or in OVA)

• @SS5ant: Agreed. As much as I love this show heck its one of my personal top 10 I also really despise the ending! An Eva re-build style movie remake with a better ending would be nice, or an anime adaption of Hitoshi Ariga's manga version would be fun to see as well. Sadly as Big-O was more popular in the U.S. then Japan, unless Demarco can convince CN & Williams Street to fund new Big-O, like they did with Season II back in the day. I don't think we will ever see more. sadface

Fun fact, one reason season 2 turned out the way it did is because of part of the funding on CN's side fell through, it was supposed to be an additional 26 episodes, but instead all we got was an additional rushed 13 episodes.

Also, another fun fact, one of the studios that worked on Big-O's animation also worked on Batman:TAS, which as we all know was one of the shows insperations

But yeah, super psyched for Sentai's re-release next year!!!

• @Soundmonkey44:

@SS5ant: Agreed. As much as I love this show heck its one of my personal top 10 I also really despise the ending! An Eva re-build style movie remake with a better ending would be nice, or an anime adaption of Hitoshi Ariga's manga version would be fun to see as well. Sadly as Big-O was more popular in the U.S. then Japan, unless Demarco can convince CN & Williams Street to fund new Big-O, like they did with Season II back in the day. I don't think we will ever see more. sadface

Fun fact, one reason season 2 turned out the way it did is because of part of the funding on CN's side fell through, it was supposed to be an additional 26 episodes, but instead all we got was an additional rushed 13 episodes.

Also, another fun fact, one of the studios that worked on Big-O's animation also worked on Batman:TAS, which as we all know was one of the shows insperations

But yeah, super psyched for Sentai's re-release next year!!!

I'm in for a remake. Whilst the show managed to pay off its budget in time for a renewal, CN/AS fucked it over due to their decay at the time plus the fact that AS has a really small budget (why most of their shows last a quarter-hour long) and that they thought it wouldn't be worth the risk. Also to mention, aside from the 13 episodes, CN also had an option for 26 additional episodes to be written by Konaka, only for those to be scrapped due to middling ratings and DVD sales (most of the reason is due to how terribly aired S2 was). The only possible way for future material to be maid is if Sentai's future sales sell like hotcakes. To be honest, it's better to restart it from scratch rather than continue it any further due to how sucky its ending is. For an adaptation based on the manga, it would be weird since it would be adapting from a manga that's adapting from an anime. It's like with Street Fighter The Movie The Game (Street Fighter video game -> Street Fighter movie -> game adaptation of film) and Red Dawn 2012 (Red Dawn 1984 -> Homefront -> Red Dawn 2012).

• Did not know it was suppose to be 26 episodes

But damn that open

http://youtu.be/6a8gPxCC1TU

• its basically the song Flash Gordan by queen but with big vowels lol