Season 2

• This is the first new series that has hooked me in a long time. Season 2 has to be brought over to the US!

• There is no season 2. Nor are there any plans at this moment for a season 2.

Sorry. :hmm:

• THAT SUCKS!!!! This is in a line of MANY ANIME that I get hooked on, after trying to watch a bunch of DUDS that I just cannot get into, that FUNimation isn't following up on…maybe HULU+ is the way to go like others have suggested to me!!!

• FUNimation can't "follow up" on it because a second season DOESN'T EXIST.

Remember, they don't actually make anime. They only license it from Japan. If you want to get angry at anyone, blame Showgate, not FUNi.

• White Fox is kinda busy with Akame ga Kill right now. maybe once they are done with it, they will be be allowed to work on something that will actually sell well

• akame ga kill is life

• @krazykats77:

This is in a line of MANY ANIME that I get hooked on

yup, it is a real pain. it seems like 80% on anime never get an end, let alone a second or third season :( just hope this one breaks the mold , it was finished only 2 years ago. (edit) wow i just realized this thread is months inactive, oops (edit to my edit) reading some things from the voice actors it looks VERY unlikely.

• This really sucks. This show was so interesting that there was no way I could have been satisfied with that ending. I mean don't get me wrong, the anime did a good job of wrapping it up in case there wasn't a second season (which I got the vibe that they weren't expecting to get one anyway), but there was so much left in the air that I just can't let things stand the way they are: the whole situation in Ente Islan, the lack of development and expansion on the characters Emerelda and Albertio, how the land-lady knew about those sonic link pulses, the consequences behind Suzuno's actions, and not knowing whether or not Sariel decided to stay on Earth as well once he found his "otherworldly goddess" just to name a few. Plus Ashiya was incapacitated half of the anime due to his sickness and didn't get his time to properly shine in my opinion (he was one of my favorite characters, so I'm a little biased), but that's my point: there just wasn't enough time. I mean, I like how they have the whole, status quo thing for its ending (which matched the story's theme of daily life in Japan), but I just can't help but wanting more!

And the worst part is I looked it up: sure enough, the light novel is still going strong (the 14th volume will be coming out soon this month) and the manga is doing pretty good as well (the 7th volume came out this past February so another one should be out soon). However, only the 4th volume of both the light novel and manga have been translated into English so far which are both behind the anime. But this is a potentially good thing: there is more than double the amount of light novels since the anime's airing in Japan, so they have plenty of source material to make a second season. But the question remains: will they? (Oh God I hope they do…...).

• @darkenraul1:

This really sucks. This show was so interesting that there was no way I could have been satisfied with that ending. I mean don't get me wrong, the anime did a good job of wrapping it up in case there wasn't a second season (which I got the vibe that they weren't expecting to get one anyway), but there was so much left in the air that I just can't let things stand the way they are: the whole situation in Ente Islan, the lack of development and expansion on the characters Emerelda and Albertio, how the land-lady knew about those sonic link pulses, the consequences behind Suzuno's actions, and not knowing whether or not Sariel decided to stay on Earth as well once he found his "otherworldly goddess" just to name a few. Plus Ashiya was incapacitated half of the anime due to his sickness and didn't get his time to properly shine in my opinion (he was one of my favorite characters, so I'm a little biased), but that's my point: there just wasn't enough time. I mean, I like how they have the whole, status quo thing for its ending (which matched the story's theme of daily life in Japan), but I just can't help but wanting more!

And the worst part is I looked it up: sure enough, the light novel is still going strong (the 14th volume will be coming out soon this month) and the manga is doing pretty good as well (the 7th volume came out this past February so another one should be out soon). However, only the 4th volume of both the light novel and manga have been translated into English so far which are both behind the anime. But this is a potentially good thing: there is more than double the amount of light novels since the anime's airing in Japan, so they have plenty of source material to make a second season. But the question remains: will they? (Oh God I hope they do…...).

here's quote from face-book's "the devil is a part-timer"account "The Devil is a Part-Timer! releases on BD/DVD Combo on July 22nd, 2014. Place your… ... Dávy Jöhn Sármientö There will be a season 2 it's year 2015-2016." and heres one from reddit" http://zakitakubu.com/2015/01/24/did-hikasa-yoko-hint-hataraku-maou-sama-season-2/
    Voice actress Hikasa Yoko (Emi Yusa) wrote on her blog that she had a Takoyaki (Octopus Ball) party with the cast of the popular TV anime, Hataraku Maou-sama! Hikasa also added that they were watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
    Hikasa: What is this! This anime is super fun to watch! Are we doing a….second" here's a reply "This translation is a bit incorrect. She says "A second season…we aren't doing one!? (; ;)"
    So she basically knows that there is no season 2, and is asking why there is none. I don't think it's really a rumor, but more just Hikasa being as frustrated as us fans who want a second season." plus i think there will be a second season "date a live" got a second season and did a lot worse than "the devil is a part time" https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2tomcf/the_devil_is_a_parttimer_season_2_rumor/

• Here's a quote from "the devil is a part-timer" facebook account "he Devil is a Part-Timer! releases on BD/DVD Combo on July 22nd, 2014. Place your… ... Dávy Jöhn Sármientö There will be a season 2 it's year 2015-2016." theres also a discussion on reddit about season two the actor said something and the guys translation came as this "Voice actress Hikasa Yoko (Emi Yusa) wrote on her blog that she had a Takoyaki (Octopus Ball) party with the cast of the popular TV anime, Hataraku Maou-sama! Hikasa also added that they were watching Hataraku Maou-sama!
    Hikasa: What is this! This anime is super fun to watch! Are we doing a….second season!? . The translation is actually wrong and some guy replied with the right translation and said this " his translation is a bit incorrect. She says "A second season...we aren't doing one!? (; ;)"
    So she basically knows that there is no season 2, and is asking why there is none. I don't think it's really a rumor, but more just Hikasa being as frustrated as us fans who want a second season." Don't let this give up your hopes for a second season "date a live" came out the same year and got a second season plus "the devil is a pat-timer" did a lot better in revenue and made more money alone with a couple other series' that released that year and got a second season even tho they made a lot less money than "date a live". so the chances of it getting a second season are high if the creator doesn't drop the ball (don't be made at "FUNImation" be mad at the company in Japan) also stuff like this happens all the time.

: Reddit source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2tomcf/the_devil_is_a_parttimer_season_2_rumor/

• Season 2!?
    Yes please!
    With a side of fries