Code Geass request

• Code Geass is a beautiful anime, but unfortunately it is not on the website.
    Is there any chance you could change that? I'm actually pretty surprised it's not here.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

• @themorganberry:

Code Geass is a beautiful anime, but unfortunately it is not on the website.
    Is there any chance you could change that? I'm actually pretty surprised it's not here.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

They have the rights to Code Geass, but they probably can't upload the episodes to the site just yet due to licensing restrictions and/or lacking the materials.

It's just a matter of time, though. I'm sure eventually it'll get uploaded, just like almost every other anime they've licensed. As of this moment, it's impossible to tell how long that might be, unfortunately.

• love the show. Its worth buying the DVDs if you can afford it these days its pretty cheap to obtain an entire series

• its still not added yet. Its quite sad.

• @SpacemanHardy:

They have the rights to Code Geass, but they probably can't upload the episodes to the site just yet due to licensing restrictions and/or lacking the materials.

It's just a matter of time, though. I'm sure eventually it'll get uploaded, just like almost every other anime they've licensed. As of this moment, it's impossible to tell how long that might be, unfortunately.

I think I've finally figured out when we'll see it - probably around the time Kingdom Hearts III is finally released, give or take half a decade.

• They obtained the license back in 2013 right? So why is it taking this long? They haven't even said anything about it at all to my knowledge and Akito just released chapter 3 and four went into theaters today i believe so i figured they would have said something by now.

• I get the feeling it's because of Bandai. Take a series like Gundam 00 that was animated entirely in HD and yet its only release in NA was on DVD. Or really pretty much anything else Bandai ever released in NA. Bandai has always been protective of any series they're involved with to the point that it hurts them in all Region 1 markets except for Japan. With the re-releases of Code Geass in Japan they're probably forcing the NA Blu-ray back to make sure those are the only option for the Japanese market.

Though this all speculation on my part and my cynicism towards Bandai.

• But is it too much to ask for a simple status report? "Were working on the Code Geass license with Bandai, not to worry!" would be fine with me. Any other media format with a 2 year silence would typically mean it's dead.

• I'd love to find season 2 of code geass. I already have all of season 1 (: