High school of the Dead season 2?

• May be everyone knows, but I been searching on every site about season 2. Since watching season 1 back in 2013. I know the Mr. Sato was ill because of heart problems, which put him in the hospital. Now I am just wondering about the rumors about season 2 was supposed to happen this year September. To no avail season 2 of H.O.T.D. has not happen. So want to know the truth of the matter is the manga series over and will there be a season 2?

• Nothing has been announced yet, but just about every few months there's a fake release date for highschool of the dead season 2.

• It isn't going to happen. The source manga stopped publishing following the Japan earthquake and tsunami. The author wasn't comfortable with the apocalyptic theme after that. Technically it was a "hiatus," but the manga has never released another chapter since then.

Plus I don't think this anime was very popular in Japan. The western idea of zombies actually goes against Japanese culture toward respecting the dead, and because of this, zombie anime isn't really popular.

• @Freenex:

It isn't going to happen. The source manga stopped publishing following the Japan earthquake and tsunami. The author wasn't comfortable with the apocalyptic theme after that. Technically it was a "hiatus," but the manga has never released another chapter since then.

Plus I don't think this anime was very popular in Japan. The western idea of zombies actually goes against Japanese culture toward respecting the dead, and because of this, zombie anime isn't really popular.

That horrible OVA they released last year probably didn't help the chances of a 2nd season either.

• @sandman64:

hat horrible OVA they released last year probably didn't help the chances of a 2nd season either.

There's a line you don't cross, and that OVA crossed it. I don't know what was closer to hentai, that or Highschool DxD.

• @zekiller267:

There's a line you don't cross, and that OVA crossed it. I don't know what was closer to hentai, that or Highschool DxD.

DxD had exactly zero fat guys humping a broom. 'Nuf said.

• @Freenex:

DxD had exactly zero fat guys humping a broom.

hahaha true, very true.

• This post is deleted!

• Hey I'm a big fan of High school of the Dead and I have done some research about season 2. They did a OVA for High school of the Dead, didn't they? well, at the end of that OVA it said TO BE CONTINUED… So we have a chance of having a season 2. the director didn't aimed at disrespecting the dead, the director aimed it at surviving and still having to find some romance in that hell. I believe that season 2 will be release either at the end of 2015 or some time in 2016. But I heard each year there is a slimmer chance of having a season 2 because of the rates going down.

• @cheyenne2010:

Hey I'm a big fan of High school of the Dead and I have done some research about season 2. They did a OVA for High school of the Dead, didn't they? well, at the end of that OVA it said TO BE CONTINUED… So we have a chance of having a season 2. the director didn't aimed at disrespecting the dead, the director aimed it at surviving and still having to find some romance in that hell. I believe that season 2 will be release either at the end of 2015 or some time in 2016. But I heard each year there is a slimmer chance of having a season 2 because of the rates going down.

many shows have to be continued at the and and don't continue. that being there is never a guarantee more will be made. its pretty much just wishful thinking, so don't get your hopes up when you see that. end of 2015 isn't going to happen, mainly because shows don't start in Dec, and everything that is going to air this fall season has already been announced. 2016 certainly could happen, but the manga author would have to start working on the manga right his second in order that for that be a reality, but he's pretty much done, so nope, no 2016 airing either

• @Freenex:

DxD had exactly zero fat guys humping a broom. 'Nuf said.

Lol I just finished the first season and ova and really want a second season mainly because of the ova I'm sorry but a fat nerd humping a broom stick and yelling peace and love and revolution is hilarious xD especially when it anime I hope it gets another season

• I had heard he died in the earthquake… it turned out to be wrong apparently, but at the time I was like... Oh man... that was a really good series I was looking forward to.

Its good to know he's alive, but I suppose it still doesn't change the end result.

• hmm… I watched hotd and highschool dxd and liked them both, but they where too perverted.

• H.O.T.D Has A Chance Of A Season Two In My Opinion. I've Been Looking At A Lot Of Questions And Answers And This Is What I Got:
    The reason for the manga's 2 year hiatus was for 2 reasons:
    1. Writer Daisuke Sato had a heart disease that required a lot of treatment, surgery, and recovery.
    2. Because of the earthquake that happened in Japan, he didn't think an apocalypse story was appropriate to continue at the time until Japan recovered from it.
    *During those 2 years, Daisuke and Shouji were VERY surprised to find out that H.O.T.D. had become so popular worldwide.
    *The purpose to release Chapter 30 was for multiple reasons: to get the Satos back to work on the story, to see if the manga was still popular, and finally to let fans know that they haven't forgotten about it.
    *Sales for Chapter 30 when it was released digitally were going "surprisingly well for a single chapter" and that future chapters WILL be released on the same day in both the US and Japan.
    –-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source : http://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/7292/is-highschool-of-the-dead-on-hiatus-again
    –-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So I Think There Is A Possibility.

• just keep in mind that was over three years ago, and nothing has happened since then