Music and anime; any favorites?

• I thought this may be an interesting angle. I have many hobbies, but one of my primary interests is the fine reproduction of music with quality audio equipment. To that end, when I watch anime, I like to use my home theater. Recently I have noticed that the opening and closing tracks for some anime are quite good. In particular, I love the energetic intro to "Attack on Titan"! I tend to crank it when I can get away with it.
    Does anyone else here like the music used in anime, and if so let us know what you like.

• An example of an opening I liked on a recently watched anime was the opening track for season 1 of The Future Diary. I have also liked the music in general for Gunslinger Girl (I like classical). I know I've liked others, I just can't think of any offhand.

• Top Five OPs

1. Kimi ni Todoke season 2
    2. Bakuman season 3 OP 1
    3. The Future Diary OP 1
    4. Amnesia
    5. C3 OP 2

Top five EDs

1. Chaos;Head
    2. Nisemonogatari
    3. Panty and Stocking
    4. The Pet Girl of Sakuraso ED 1
    5. Blue Exorcist ED 2

• Hmm. The Future Diary is on both of your posts. I will have to check that one out soon. It has been a while since I've watched the Gunslinger Girl series, so I don't remember the opening song, but I do recall a significant amount of classical music throughout the series. Is Panty and Stocking something I would want to watch? Somehow I just don't think so, but then I wasn't so sure I would like Highschool DxD either and it turns out I like it a lot!

• Panty and Stocking has it's way of drawing you in. Wasn't sure about Highschool DxD either but I ended up enjoying it too. Opening song for Gunslinger Girl was The Light Before We Land by the Delgados

• Just thought of another one I liked. The opening for Phantom.

• I moved this too the music sub forum, hopefully you don't mind. A few favorites of mine has been HXH(2011's) ending themes. ALL of them.

• I didn't know that there was a music forum, but I guess it makes sense for this thread to be there. Thanks! I'm just surprised and happy to see that others share a common interest in the music used in anime. I thought that it was something that most would overlook and take for granted, but apparently not.

• Obviously it all depends on the anime and what kind of theme goes with it but I honestly think that the best not just intro and outro to an anime but overall soundtrack for one is in FLCL (Fooly Cooly or Furry Curry ((which ever you prefer)) with The Pillows doing the entire soundtrack. Just an amazing sound to it overall.

• @Animeguy118:

Obviously it all depends on the anime and what kind of theme goes with it but I honestly think that the best not just intro and outro to an anime but overall soundtrack for one is in FLCL (Fooly Cooly or Furry Curry ((which ever you prefer)) with The Pillows doing the entire soundtrack. Just an amazing sound to it overall.

I'll have to re-watch FLCL. I don't recall if I liked the soundtrack or not, but it's been awhile.

• Oh Wow Man! I just watched the first episode of FLCL and I think my brain died…... What the..... What was that? Ha ha! I think I need a beer! You are right though the music reminds me of Eighties punk rock that I used to take in at the city gardens theater in Trenton NJ! I'm afraid that if I watch any more of this the effects will become permanent!

• Gintama has some of the best openings. I love their soundtracks.

• @dmguaragno:

Oh Wow Man! I just watched the first episode of FLCL and I think my brain died…... What the..... What was that? Ha ha! I think I need a beer! You are right though the music reminds me of Eighties punk rock that I used to take in at the city gardens theater in Trenton NJ! I'm afraid that if I watch any more of this the effects will become permanent!

Ha! Like I said in my personal opinion it's the best soundtrack out there for an anime. The music is AMAZING for the show and while I've enjoy many anime themes since such as Tatami Galaxy, Panty and Stocking, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. I have never enjoyed an entire soundtrack as much as I did FLCL.

Though I must say (and I was only just reminded of this) another great all around soundtrack that is mostly instrumental goes to Big O with it's fantastic blues/jazz soundtrack very smooth and nice.

• Outlaw Star
    Tsuki No Ie (2nd ending)

• I like the music from Highschool D+D but I feel like I should be sipping a beer and have a stack of ones in front of me when I hear it!

• TBH, I don't really even pay attention to Openings and Endings, as I usually skip over them. lol.

My favorite OSTs are One Piece, FMA (both series), and Gurren Lagann. I actually just this last week purchased the full Gurren Lagann OST, and I don't regret it.

• I'm surprised no one has mentioned Noir. (unless I missed it) Not my favorite anime, but the OST is AMAZING.

Also a big fan of the music in Utena, particularly the opening, but then, I love pretty much everything about Utena. :D

• In no order…

Favorite OSTs: Madoka Magica, Pandora Hearts, FMA/B, Cowboy Bebop, Utena, Princess Tutu, Wolf's Rain

Favorite OPs:
    Attack on Titan - Jiyuu no Tsubasa
    FMAB - Again
    Durarara - Complication
    Soul Eater - Resonance
    Utena - Rinbu Revolution
    Spice and Wolf - Tabi no Tochuu
    Steins;Gate - Hacking to the Gate
    Darker than Black - Howling
    Umineko no Naku Koro Ni - Katayoku no Tori
    Night Raid 1931 - Yakusoku
    Dusk Maiden of Amnesia - Choir Jail

Favorite EDs:
    Madoka Magica - Magia
    FMA - Kesenai Tsumi
    Bakemonogatari - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari
    Pandora Hearts - maze
    Steins;Gate - Toki Tsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku
    Natsume's Book of Friends -Natsu Yuuzora
    Wolf's Rain - Gravity

• Scandal,tommy heavenly/February 6, girls generation, May'n. And more

• OSTs: Strike Witches, Madoka Magica, Samurai Champloo, Rurouni Kenshin

Openings: Tank! - Cowboy Bebop, Renai Circulation (Nadeko) - Bakemonogatari, Rinbu Revolution - Revolutionary Girl Utena, Hacking to the Gate - Steins;Gate, Battle Cry - Samurai Champloo, To the Beginning - Fate/Zero, Hikari no Senritsu - Sound of the Sky

Endings: Ride on Shooting Star - FLCL, Heart of the Sword - Rurouni Kenshin, Magia - Madoka Magica, Don't Say Lazy, Listen!, No Thank You - K-On!, Bookmark Ahead - Strike Witches

• Favorite Overall Soundtracks (BGM music):
    Aquarian Age
    Fate/Zero
    .hack//SIGN
    Madlax
    My-HIME
    Noir
    Petite Cossette
    Puela Magi Madoka Magica
    Sword Art Online
    Tsubasa Chronicle
    Black Lagoon
    Blue Gender
    Claymore
    Code Geass
    Eureka Seven
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    Hell Girl
    Last Exile
    Naruto Shippuden
    Needless

Favorite Bands or Artists from Openings/Endings:
    MELL (Black Lagoon, Rideback)
    KOTOKO (Destiny of the Shrine Maiden, Please Twins, Shakugan no Shana)
    Kalafina (Garden of Sinners, Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica)
    The Brilliant Green (Gundam 00)
    Granrodeo (Kurokami, Needless)
    Buck Tick (Trinity Blood, Shiki)
    Psychic Lover (Witchblade, Tytania)
    Eiko Shimamiya (Higurashi no Naku Koroni, Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai)
    Yoko Hikasa (K-On!, K-On!!, K-On: The Movie)
    Faylan (Future Diary)
    Nagi Yanagi (Amnesia)
    Egoist (Guilty Crown, Psycho-Pass)
    Boom Boom Satelites (Appleseed (2004), Gundam Unicorn)
    Mami Kawada (A Certain Magical Index, Jormungand, Starship Operators)
    T.M.Revolution (Soul Eater, Gundam SEED, Rurouni Kenshin)
    Savage Genius (Elementer Gelade, Madlax, El Cazador de la Bruja)
    KOKIA (Broken Blade, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino)
    Nana Mizuki (White Album, Basilisk)
    Move (Initial D, Ikki Tousen)
    Kishidan (Naruto Shippuden)