Crunchyroll is going to stream Case Closed

• I imagine a few people around here are going to be happy to hear about this. :)

Link

• This is only good for the people that have either followed Case Closed (aka "Detective Conan") by reading the manga or watching the animated episodes online. Seeing as the article states that it will start simulcasting the new episodes airing Fall 2014. Otherwise, they will be completely lost if Crunchyroll doesn't get the chance to upload the episodes from seasons 6-22.

But still this does offer a lot of fans in the U.S. and Canada the chance to watch the new episodes legally instead of illegally.

• I actually hope that FUNimation uses the viewership from the people watching Case Closed on Crunchyroll to get the idea that people want to get more seasons of Case Closed in America past season 5.

I would be happy if we got seasons 6-11 and movies 7-13.

• ^ Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not gonna happen. FUNimation has made it perfectly clear that they are done with Case Closed, lock, stock, and barrel.

• @SpacemanHardy:

^ Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not gonna happen. FUNimation has made it perfectly clear that they are done with Case Closed, lock, stock, and barrel.

I want to ask about one thing: Did FUNimation ever answer the question of "Why"?

• @max1996:

I want to ask about one thing: Did FUNimation ever answer the question of "Why"?

Why yes they did, actually:

http://web.archive.org/web/20101219061622/http://community.funimation.com/tm.aspx?m=334069

• @SpacemanHardy:

Why yes they did, actually:

http://web.archive.org/web/20101219061622/http://community.funimation.com/tm.aspx?m=334069

Unfortunately, even though that was 4 years ago, it doesn't look like anything has changed since them in regards to licensing more of Detective Conan in any capacity - it would be nice however to get an update from them now to see if they're still or ever really considering licensing more movies and/or related series. For instance, it'd be sweet to see FUNi release the Lupin the III vs. Detective Conan special+movie as well as getting movies 1-6+ on BD.

• I like how SpacemanHardy keeps implying that funimation is "completely done" with Case Closed and yet they continue to hang on to the license and sell the DVD's instead of officially dropping the license for the possibility of another company picking it up. I think that funimation still thinks there's lingering hope that the show will pick up soon and sales will rise. To say that they have given up completely is an obvious understatement as the recent tweet says "no CURRENT plans". That doesn't mean completely done.

• They'll likely let the license for what they currently have expire. it's what they have done for everything that hasn't sold well for them so far

• I'm just going to say, flamrage… Do you like taking baths in Egypt?

Because right now you're in da Nile. ~_^

• @SpacemanHardy:

I'm just going to say, flamrage… Do you like taking baths in Egypt?

Because right now you're in da Nile.

@Getchman
    Thing is though, they haven't sold well or released new material for the show since 2010. You would think that the license would've expired long before today, but yet they keep going with it as to be as hopeful about the show as I am. Fact is, even though sales haven't been great, there are people out there that are being introduced to the show by other fans and with a little luck, sales will pick up.

@SpacemanHardy
    lol, better than being in space :D
    And you know, maybe I am in denial, but I look at it as optimistic about what may happen. There have been times where shows either got cancelled, but enough complaints and requests were made to where the show was given a second breath, like Family Guy. That show was cancelled twice, but today is getting bigger then the Simpsons. Call it stubborn, denial, even delusional, but I still feel it will happen someday.

• Licenses can be negotiated for any number of years before renegotiation is needed. Songs for Rock Band, for example, had a license agreement of five years

It's not out of the question that shows like Case Closed, which was expected to sell well, would be licensed for several years

• @Riles:

Licenses can be negotiated for any number of years before renegotiation is needed. Songs for Rock Band, for example, had a license agreement of five years

It's not out of the question that shows like Case Closed, which was expected to sell well, would be licensed for several years

Learn something new everyday. I didn't think that Funimation had that much faith in a show that didn't sell well after the first year. If only FOX would show that much devotion, recent shows such as Dad, Almost human, and Alcatraz would have gotten a second season (though I gotta say that Alcatraz sucked big in the end).