So Thoughts On The Buddy Complex 2 Episode Conclusion Sepcial's?

• Alright it's been about a week since both episodes of Into The Skies Of Tomorrow streamed for subscribers and is now available for free member's, and after just watching the first of the two episodes as a free member and looking for thoughts and spoilers

• While a bit rushed I thought it was a decent conclusion to the series:

! It resolved the mystery of Aoba and Hina, Elvira proved she was better at theorycrafting then Dr. Hahn, and Peace was achieved between the countries and there's a wedding at during the end credits. I thought it appropriate that the last scene in the show was the beginning where Aoba and Hina actually first met.

• I'm still confused, if Hina had been looping through time, but had no knowledge of her origin, where did she come from in the first place? That is, what was her origin before she was found as a child in the ruins of Zagreb? Was she originally from the 21st century like Aoba, and if so, how did jump 90 plus years into the future?

• @slartiblartfast:

I'm still confused, if Hina had been looping through time, but had no knowledge of her origin, where did she come from in the first place? That is, what was her origin before she was found as a child in the ruins of Zagreb? Was she originally from the 21st century like Aoba, and if so, how did jump 90 plus years into the future?

did you watch the two part OVA? They explained who she was there. That said all the time travel mechanics in this series are highly inconsistent and make no sense the more you think about it. It's a much better series if you try not to think about it too hard

• Actually I did see the OVAs, but I still don't get it. I could elaborate, but I'll just follow your advice and not think about it too much.

• @slartiblartfast:

Actually I did see the OVAs, but I still don't get it. I could elaborate, but I'll just follow your advice and not think about it too much.

! The basic explanation is that the original Aoba and Hina met when they entered college and fell in love. Then after college they started working together in some lab where they were engineering the first coupling system. Something went wrong while testing it and HIna got warped to the future. During this first loop, she basically had the role of Aoba, piloting his machine, coupling with Dio, etc. Then she ended up back in the past as a teenager and one of the zogilia pilots followed her and tried to kill her. During the fight between the mechs Aoba gets involved, causing him to be sent to the future too, starting the whole time loop. So the Hina we see throughout the series is actually a Hina from Aoba's future, and it's sort of implied that now the he has that knowledge of his future he can prevent hina from getting stuck in the time loop in the first place. So yeah, the time mechanics in this series are weird and inconsistent. Let's not even touch why hina kept turning into a child and losing her memory, or how the aoba and dio in the iteration of the loop we watch in the series somehow break the loop with no explanation as to what they did different that time (I find it hard to believe that the last iteration was the only one where firebrand and skyknight were used, especially considering how easily they made up their minds about using them).

• @raos044:

how the aoba and dio in the iteration of the loop we watch in the series somehow break the loop with no explanation as to what they did different that time

It seems that that is a part of an even bigger loop. At this point The change is that Aoba recognized Hina as a Zogilla pilot because of the mech she had. In the previous part of the loop she was in the Luxon. This caused a sort of butterfly effect that changed the way Dio reacted when Aoba went to stop her. The loop comes full circle when Aoba and Hina go through the "time tunnel". I suspect they lost their memories and the end credit scene wasn't showing the first time they met but a restart of the loop. Thats why Hina thought she recognized Aoba.

• I think what they're trying to say is in the end they both went back to their respective times, him (Aoba) high school and her (Hina) after she disappeared during the first test(she's wearing her pilot uniform upon return). The scene at the end of the show was Aoba meeting Hina knowing full well who she is and what is going to happen this time around.