Funimation Fall Simulcasts: What do you think?

• What do you guys think of the Funimation fall simulcasts.

In my opinion, Funimation did a good job. They didn't get the two "Super hits" (some people on another website referring to World Trigger and Terra Formars as this), but I really like what they did. Lord Marksman and Vanadis comes from a very popular light novel in Japan and looks amazing and Fairy Tail is always awesome. In addition, Psycho Pass 2, Rage of Bahamut: Genesis, Garo, and In Search of the Lost Future all look worth a look for me.

• I figured Sentai would be foaming at the mouth during their pursuit of acquiring Twintails, since it seems like it'll be pretty similar to Infinite Stratos. I was surprised when Funimation announced it

There's a couple shows I'll probably check out later, but Daitoshokan is the only one I've planned to simulcast, so

• It is okay, I am personally only interested in 3 of the titles they have thus far. I am surprised they passed on Ai Tenchi Muyo since they have all the previous Tenchi Muyo series/movies. Could be they are keeping some simulcast titles back so time will tell.

• A couple sound boring but there's more good than bad in my opinion. Of course, I still have a (growing) backlog of shows I've been wanting to watch so this just adds more fuel to the fire. 😄

• @tmaxxer:

It is okay, I am personally only interested in 3 of the titles they have thus far. I am surprised they passed on Ai Tenchi Muyo since they have all the previous Tenchi Muyo series/movies. Could be they are keeping some simulcast titles back so time will tell.

It's only 5 minutes per episode and is designed to promote tourism. It isn't like the usual Tenchi Muyo series, which is probably why they didn't pick it up.

• @Riles:

I figured Sentai would be foaming at the mouth during their pursuit of acquiring Twintails, since it seems like it'll be pretty similar to Infinite Stratos. I was surprised when Funimation announced it

Same here, though Sentai still has Blade Dance of the Elementallers to "combo" with IS. I'm still surprised that Funi didn't get Terra Formars, aka Attack on Cockroach.

Except for the slight hope of Vanadis, post-dub, becoming the next Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, I'm none too interested in these offerings based upon their promo pics and summaries.

• I'm really happy with most of the 7 new pick up's as all but librarian is like a good Shepard were on my wish list. I am upset that The Seven Deadly Sin's, Ai Tenchi Muyo!, and now after reading the most of the reviews about Cross Ange I'm beginning to think Funi was right about skipping picking up the streaming rights to it.

No I have not seen the first episode yet (but I will on Sunday) but a some one who was championing it when I first read about it, then to hear some reviewers say watching the first episode is comparable to feeling like they just read some really terrible H-manga. then I feel I have the right to be worried.

• @tmaxxer:

I am surprised they passed on Ai Tenchi Muyo since they have all the previous Tenchi Muyo series/movies.

Actually Funimation doesn't have the entire Thenchi Muyo! catalog It has 7 of the 10 Series and all 3 Movies but Funimation has not yet rescued Magic Girl Pretty Sammy (1995-97), Magic Project S (1996-97), Duel! Parallel Trouble Adventure! (1999) and Ai Tenchi Muyo! would be the 11 in the series and the haven't said which of the three time line's its a part of
    (1. OVA, Ryo-Ohki, GXP, Dual!, War on Geminar
    (2. Universe, In Tokyo, Movies, Magical Girls Club Magical Girl P. S.,
    (3. Project S,

• @sidereal_presence:

Except for the slight hope of Vanadis, post-dub, becoming the next Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, I'm none too interested in these offerings based upon their promo pics and summaries.

Vanadis is like Legend of the Legendary Heroes with a little more fan service. The light novels are great.

• @ncoleman12345:

Vanadis is like Legend of the Legendary Heroes with a little more fan service. The light novels are great.

Episode one of the show made it clear that the show wasn't what I was hoping for but I'm seeing some potential in it so I'll keep an eye on it. Besides, any show with a male lead who isn't a total wuss is a diamond in the rough and worth a watch IMO :)

• I'm here for Twintails.

not sure why, but the whole premise is so full of WTF?ness that I have to watch it. I might drop after an episode or two but I have to see how it starts if nothing else.

Wixross and Psycho Pass had me hooked first time around so I'm gladdly back for a 2nd run of each.

Vandis and Bahamut look like they will be good

• @sidereal_presence:

Episode one of the show made it clear that the show wasn't what I was hoping for but I'm seeing some potential in it so I'll keep an eye on it. Besides, any show with a male lead who isn't a total wuss is a diamond in the rough and worth a watch IMO

Thats so true. To many shows have weak leads now. They seem to be rushing the light novel story a little bit, but trust me it gets a lot better later on. The main character is a badass.

• Twintails was every bit as ridiculous and fun as I had hopped. Not a show you can take seriously but fun for the Power Rangers style action (right down to the exploding monster) and silly concept.