Any Status on Chromecast ability????? Tab casting fails on Funimation website

• Is there a status on when Funimation will have Chromecast ability?? I keep trying to cast Funimation website and it always fails, but when I do it from CR there is no issues. The tab casting does not work on Standard Chrome or Canary Chrome. Last thing I want is to buy another streaming device like a Roku or Fire TV.

• I can't imagine suppoting native casting (not the casting of a tab) would be that huge of a hurdle that it couldn't have been implemented by now. Not really sure why they wouldn't jump on it, especially consideing how much criticism I see when it comes to their other apps or lack of them on certain platforms. Almost everyone has access to a PC or Chrome in some form and would be able to cast episodes to their TV assuming they have a Chromecast, and if not, one can be had for damn cheap.

It's definitely something I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have, as the Roku app leaves a lot to be desired, and the mobile app might as well not even be on the Play Store (no idea how it is on iOS).

• @Matrixwolf:

Is there a status on when Funimation will have Chromecast ability?? The tab casting does not work on Standard Chrome or Canary Chrome.

1. Its in progress, no idea when it'll launch, however, it will be after the PS3/4/vita App.

2. I can still cast tabs from chrome beta (Current Version 40.0.2174.0 canary 64bit) With Google Cast (Beta) 14.916.0.7,
    so you may want to install and try the beta version of Google cast.

• @The_Hatta:

1. Its in progress, no idea when it'll launch, however, it will be after the PS3/4/vita App.

2. I can still cast tabs from chrome beta (Current Version 40.0.2174.0 canary 64bit) With Google Cast (Beta) 14.916.0.7,
    so you may want to install and try the beta version of Google cast.

Interesting…..is there anymore info you could point me to on this PS4/PSV Funi app possible release?!! Because that is some seriously BOSS news if true considering they tanked on looking out for us last gen PS3 owners and they really need to get on the ball b/c Crunchyroll is kicking their collective asses in that respects.

@The_Hatta:

• Over a year later and still no Chromecast support. Any update on this?
    Canceling my trial account and not subscribing till this is taken care of.

• I'm kind of surprised there still is no Chromecast support as this makes watching anime on your TV so much easier without even having to have a app installed at all. It takes far less resources and support than something like the iOS or Roku apps. As long as the video has proper support to stream through Chromecast, Funimation only needs to implement it on their video player to allow access.