Welcome to the NHK

• Just watched the full season. Loved it. And, it was quit spooky at the same time comparing myself to the hikikomori lifestyle. Ahhhh. I'm not that bad but I could see how I could get there easily. Then I went on Google, looked up the word and was shocked to see real people in Japan living like this. Here in the U.S. we just call them hermits or shut ins. There are more terms but those pretty much covers it.

Back to the anime- favorite parts (without spoiling it for others that have not seen it) are when Satou and Yamazaki build a game from scratch and Misaki's desperate plea to save Satau from being a hikikomori but it's obvious that there was more going on.

This anime kept my attention through the entire movie. I never once felt I needed a break from it or I that I wanted to watch something else.

Two thumbs up. :D

• There is a dedicated thread for Welcome to the NHK here on the website, where I will be moving this topic.

For the future, please post show-related topics in their proper forums.

• @letla:

Just watched the full season. Loved it. And, it was quit spooky at the same time comparing myself to the hikikomori lifestyle. Ahhhh. I'm not that bad but I could see how I could get there easily. Then I went on Google, looked up the word and was shocked to see real people in Japan living like this. Here in the U.S. we just call them hermits or shut ins. There are more terms but those pretty much covers it.

Back to the anime- favorite parts (without spoiling it for others that have not seen it) are when Satou and Yamazaki build a game from scratch and Misaki's desperate plea to save Satau from being a hikikomori but it's obvious that there was more going on.

This anime kept my attention through the entire movie. I never once felt I needed a break from it or I that I wanted to watch something else.

Two thumbs up. :D

I haven't watched it yet, but I plan on checking it out. I've been randomly picking a new series to watch every other week and I think Ill watch it next week.

• Feel free to use the spoiler tags if you don't want to ruin the show for people who haven't watched the anime series yet.

Anyways, the show itself wasn't all that bad when I made it too the end of the series. I admit that at the beginning of the series I had a particularly hard time getting interested in the show, but as I continue to watch the show I slowly became interested in where the plot was going. Though I admit that most of the time the plot is very redundant to the point that you can figure out what is going to happen next without much difficulty.

Satou and Yamazaki idea to create a gals game for the Expo was hilarious. Especially, since Satou had no clue as to what a gals game was all about. Yamazaki proclamation to his classmates about how he and Satou were going to create this wonderful gals game that would surpass all others out in the market, was one of my favorite scenes in the anime series.

• **I just finished watching this series on the recommendation of my brother. I was skeptical at first, but slowly really started enjoying it! I suppose I really only have three points to bring up:

1. I'm sure it's a Japanese culture thing, but I don't think Tatsuhiro and Kaoru (Sato and Yamazaki) ever call each other by their first names. Kaoru's name is actually only mentioned verbally twice that I can recall. Even Misaki doesn't really call Tatsuhiro by his first name. But maybe that changes as their relationship develops further. I mean, how well do you have to know a friend to call them by their first name in Japan?

2. Does professional mental health counseling not exist in Japan? Despite their love for each other, Tatsuhiro & Misaki both need to pursue this. It would probably also be good for them to do some couple's counseling as well, just so they can keep their relationship moving forward and strong.

3. I would have liked to seen just a little more with Tatsuhiro & Misaki's relationship – at least a confession of love by both of them to each other. But I guess by now they would have been married and together for quite a while. I wonder what Misaki studied at University? And did Tatsuhiro ever go back to school? Perhaps a trade school would be best for him...?

Anyway, I think my brother may have finally redeemed himself for recommending Tenjho Tenge.

• ! I really enjoyed the show however I was disappointed nothing really happened regarding Sato and Misaki's relationship, especially after the fact they almost kissed in one of the earlier episodes. They would have been great together and it's a shame nothing happened for them.