How to see which animes are being dubbed

• Is there any way to see/ help encourage animes to be dubbed or are in the process of being dubbed?

Thanks,

Dunnie

• since there has been no news about the sub only experiment they tried, just assume that everything they have home video rights for are going to be/are being dubbed.

• @Getchman:

since there has been no news about the sub only experiment they tried, just assume that everything they have home video rights for are going to be/are being dubbed.

Sub experiment? What was this experiment?

• Home video rights usually has a high chance to be dubbed. So if FUNI announces the home video rights to titles, expect a dub within 6-9 months later.

It's been stated by CJ, simulcast titles with high view counts during their simulcast season usually has a high chance of their home video rights picked up by FUNI. So to ensure your favorite simulcast titles get dubbed, you'll need to watch those series during their simulcast airing period.

FUNI uses stream viewing numbers to predict if home video releases would be profitable. Titles with low viewership during their simulcast period, don't expect a dub.

• @stronkadonk:

Sub experiment? What was this experiment?

they released Oniai as sub only to test if that would be a viable option in the future.

• @josefhiggins:

It's been stated by CJ, simulcast titles with high view counts during their simulcast season usually has a high chance of their home video rights picked up by FUNI. So to ensure your favorite simulcast titles get dubbed, you'll need to watch those series during their simulcast airing period.

FUNI uses stream viewing numbers to predict if home video releases would be profitable. Titles with low viewership during their simulcast period, don't expect a dub.

The thing that sucks about that, though, is that since I won't watch anime subbed, and I also do not want to be spoiled before seeing it dubbed, it is kinda a Catch-22…

I do know some people who do watch many shows right after they air, and have at times been able to convince them to use the sumulcast, but they prefer "other means," so that doesn't help at all...

• I wouldn't worry too much. I've no doubt there are more than enough people watching simulcasts, giving them the data they need, to make up for folks like you, who prefer to watch in English, not watching the simulcasts.