What if case closed got a benefactor?

• so im reading all these threads and they all seem to say generally that case closed will not be continuing dubbs because it was unsuccessful in its original airing, so funimation will not further invest in dubbs, what if someone where to pay funimation to continue dubbs.

my question is, is it possible for funimation to continue the dubbs, for case closed, if by some chance someone outside of funimation were to donate the money needed to continue dubbing the case closed?

hypothetically speaking.

i myself am a fan and i do like the dubbs better simply because of the voice actors and how well they suit the characters.

• Win the lottery, then call FUNi and ask them.

• im asking hypothetically speaking is it even possible?

• If you can find someone who's crazy enough to do the licensing equivalent of throwing millions of dollars into a giant oil drum and setting it on fire, then sure, it's "possible". But no one is THAT crazy. Licensing, dubbing, and releasing more episodes of Case Closed would require lots and lots of money, which the show has proven - time and time again, I might add - it simply cannot make back.

If, hypothetically, we ever were to get more Case Closed, it would be restricted to the movies only. But as far as the TV series is concerned, that is a ship that has sunk so low it's planting its face against the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

Oh, and by the way, the word "dub" only has one B in it. :hmm:

• guess ill have to settle for subs im going to miss jerry jewell as jimmy :/

• So here's an interesting idea. Why not throw the ball back in the court of the fans. IF fans are really that dedicated, if fans really want the show back that badly why not start a Kickstarter campaign? What would it hurt? If the license is just sitting around getting dusty why not give the fans a chance to throw their money at it again. Maybe do a test episode and see if collectively enough of the fan base is willing to drop the dough to get the voice cast back together. Hell you could even do a 6th season test, calculate the costs and see if the fan base is willing to rise to the challenge. I think if the Kickstarter did horribly that would definitely be the final nail in the coffin. I personally own every single season and every single movie on DVD so I know I would be willing to donate a decent sum of money. IF fans are so dedicated they could put up or shut up.

• @TheFinalHorseman:

IF fans are really that dedicated, if fans really want the show back that badly why not start a Kickstarter campaign?

Japan does not license anime that is crowd-funded since a Spanish company tried that with Haruhi.

• I don't claim to be an expert in licenses but doesn't Funimation already have the license to use the show and produce it in America? Why would it matter where the money comes from if it's still under the Funimation banner? That means ultimately Funimation is responsible for getting the funds necessary to produce the show. so are you saying that TMS wouldn't approve of Funimation crowd sourcing the funding for the show and revoke the license?

• @TheFinalHorseman:

I don't claim to be an expert in licenses but doesn't Funimation already have the license to use the show and produce it in America? Why would it matter where the money comes from if it's still under the Funimation banner? That means ultimately Funimation is responsible for getting the funds necessary to produce the show. so are you saying that TMS wouldn't approve of Funimation crowd sourcing the funding for the show and revoke the license?

Funimation probably just have the rights to the content they've already released due to the length of the series. IIRC they confirmed each time they licensed more episodes of Fairy Tail, for example. They only started with the first 48 and then once the series proved itself they licensed the rest. So if Funimation does not already have the license to later episodes, it could be difficult to do a Kickstarter/crowd source.

• Ok, I see what you're saying. Makes sense. Still it would be interesting to see IF it could be done. Will it ever happen? I kind of doubt it BUT still I would love to see the fans pool together resources and revive the show.

• I may just be a kid but I'm willing to try and chuck in 100-200 dollars of saved pocket money and even save up more to donate.
    If it means they will continue dubbing case closed I would put as much money possible and get other people to donate.
    And I would spread the word as much as I could. I love case closed and the voice cast that much.

• You may be missing the point. If Japan does not make it, then Funimation cannot dub it. I doubt that the Japanese company has any interest in reviving a show that has been over for as long as this one has. It doesn't matter how much we want it, if Japan is not interested it won't happen. I'm sorry.

• Japan has made it there is already 800+ eps and I'm only asking for 1 or 2 more seasons dubbed.

• it's now curnchyroll's problem. funi is done with the show

• For the last time, it's not going to happen. If you want new episodes of Detective Conan, the Crunchyroll simulcast is the best you're going to get.

Shutting this down now.