Steins Gate Movie

• Im hoping and praying the movie gets picked up over here soon. I damn near wet myself back in April when i heard about it.
    I can't wait, if the movie is anywhere near the quality of the series and if the same crew at Funi. keep the same amazing quality of the dub, it should be phenominal

• I keep forgetting that Funi hasn't actually said anything about this yet… I'm also in the camp of people impatiently waiting for this movie and am rather surprised we haven't gotten a license announcement yet. Hopefully there will be more info sometime soon.

• We might not hear anything for a good long while. This is a property of Kadokawa, after all.

• That would be good news if the movie gets released dubbed here by Funimation. I still haven't seen the show yet lol but I will after I order it off of amazon.com

I heard this show is really something storywise is it anything like back to the future? This show was sold out at my local Best Buy that is why i'm ordering it off amazon sometime soon for Christmas I think. Is this show really something special? Thanks and God Bless

• @Chris1986:

I heard this show is really something storywise is it anything like back to the future? This show was sold out at my local Best Buy that is why i'm ordering it off amazon sometime soon for Christmas I think. Is this show really something special? Thanks and God Bless

It's nothing like Back to the Future. Steins;Gate has suspense, mystery, and an evil organization bent on world control. The plot is also much better (at least better than the last two movies, the 1st was pretty good)

Needless to say, you'll find yourself hooked after each episode. It's my 5th favorite.

• Alright thanks. I just thought for some reason it was like Back to the Future. Guess not.

• The show is phenomenal, definitely not BttF. The closest approximation i have found is, borrowing from commentary i've seen, is to equate it to a mash up of the Big Bang Theory and Donnie Darko staring a very verbose Dr. horrible (sans singing). That is a very crude and basic simily though.
    There is lots of nerd/ pop culture/ otaku humor, a surprising amount of griping and heart wrenching drama, decent amount of suspense, classic as well as fairly original takes on sci-fi and the complexities of time travel, and a great cast of characters with some phenomenal dubs (especially Tatum, he rocked it, if you have the premium membership check out the cast interview on the website with him, its good)

I know, my fanboy is showing, fully admit to it, i did watch the show 4 times in 5 months the first time i saw it cause I loved it that much… So... yeah, I highly recommend it.

• After some forum members rescued me from the pile of steaming dung called Chaos HEad I started watching this series instead. I'm totally hooked! This is exactly what I was looking for!

• @dmguaragno:

After some forum members rescued me from the pile of steaming dung called Chaos HEad I started watching this series instead. I'm totally hooked! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Glad you found Steins;Gate! This goes without saying, but the sooner FUNi gets the movie the better lol.

• @dmguaragno:

After some forum members rescued me from the pile of steaming dung called Chaos HEad I started watching this series instead. I'm totally hooked! This is exactly what I was looking for!

You're welcome. Glad I could help. Steins;Gate has easily become one of my personal favorites of the past few years as well. ^_^

I haven't personally watched the follow-up Robotics;Notes yet, but I heard it's… okay. Not nearly as good as S;G, but not the steaming pile that Chaos;HEad was.

And oh yeah, FUNi. When we gon' get the movie, hmm?

• @dmguaragno:

you do realise they take place in the same world. same creator's apart from one not working on steins gate. but they are both amazing. without chaos head there is no steins gate. they are both truly great and i look forward to robotics notes being dubbed

• i loved this show and i hope you guys dub the movie soon please.

• Wow surprised at all the chaos;head hate. It wasn't nearly as good as Steins Gate, but it wasn't bad I didn't think. Really looking forward to Robotics Notes in February too.

Anyway, as for the movie, yeah I'm hoping that gets dubbed as well. From what I've heard though, and I could be wrong, it takes significantly longer for movies to be dubbed than seasons of anime (which is odd, considering anime is spread out over so many episodes) so I wouldn't expect anything until mid-late 2014 at the earliest.

• Chalk up another fan waiting with bated breath for news on this movie. The series kicks multiple types of ass (full agreement that Tatum stole the show) and the movie will be icing on the cake if given the same treatment.

As for the other series, Chaos;Head wasn't bad, but I watched it after Steins;Gate so my bar may have been set a bit too high. Still pretty enjoyable, but not something I'll probably feel like watching again unless I'm in a really weird mood. Robotics;Notes was better than Chaos, but I'll reserve final judgement until I watch the dub. Dubs of good shows grab me differently than the subs do, so generally I'll watch both if available.

• I thought Steins;gate was pretty awesome, despite the "all female characters are thin stereotypes straight from VNs" issue, but then it got to the "technical stuff", which it failed at, and it lost me a bit…and then I found out that the entire premise of the show, John Titor the time traveler, was an actual "internet phenomenon" years ago and the creators of steins;gate just stole it, put a twist on it, and passed it off on us. That left me watching the show just for Tatum and Rhinehart's dub acting...

I can't say that I'm really awaiting this movie with baited breath.

• @GrIms:

you do realise they take place in the same world. same creator's apart from one not working on steins gate. but they are both amazing. without chaos head there is no steins gate. they are both truly great and i look forward to robotics notes being dubbed

havent watched Chaos Head and ive watched steins gate. i dont know what chaos head is but steins gate dosent need it.

• Considering that Funimation licensed the Fairy Tail movie only weeks before it came out in Japan, I don't understand what's taking Funimation so long to license the Steins;Gate movie! Come on guys! I want more Steins;Gate!

• different show, different production committee, different everything. some things unfortunately take a lot longer to negotiate than other shows or movies do. Battle of Gods is a perfect example of this

• @Getchman:

different show, different production committee, different everything. some things unfortunately take a lot longer to negotiate than other shows or movies do. Battle of Gods is a perfect example of this

Movies seem to especially have more lag time (or at least the ones I pay attention to) like the Eva remakes all seem to have at least a 2 year lag between original and licensed releases.

• Cool, glad they finally got it. I'll pick this up eventually. I've already got the JP BD, but the dub for this series was really good so it's worth buying Funi's release of the movie as well.