Episodes

• There`s going to have more episodes of this show right?

• currently no news from Japan about a third season

• @Getchman:

currently no news from Japan about a third season

The editor of the railgun manga stated (paraphrased, for I don't have the quote on me) that there are no plans to make a season 3 of Railgun and if there ever was, those plans would only start to be made after the possible release of season 3 of Index which there is yet to be an announcement of plans for, and even still that doesn't exactly guarantee that they that will they will do one.

• So what Exactly are they working on? This series did well enough right? My favorite series always get left behind.

• @Nick.charuk:

So what Exactly are they working on? This series did well enough right? My favorite series always get left behind.

dont know but railgun s and index the movie came out last year. from index II to the movie it took like 2 years so i would be patient.

• @Thafallen5oulja:

dont know but railgun s and index the movie came out last year. from index II to the movie it took like 2 years so i would be patient.

Here is all of the information of the latest updates for the franchise I have (for the most part at least, some extra non-canon crossovers and some other stuff have been left out.)

Possible Spoilers Ahead!

Well, as far as any information concerning the animes are concerned, recently there were released illustrations of the animated versions of various characters that have yet to show up in the Index anime. These illustrations are of characters from the LNs that would theoretically make up the material for season three. These have drew some attention because all of these characters already have official LN illustrations and designs but these were specified as the illustrations for the animated versions of the characters and fit the animated art style that is different from Haimura"s art style used for LNs, but there has not been an announcement for a 3rd season, so as far as anyone knows they could just be a If we were to animate a 3rd season this is what these characters would look like. type of thing.

In keeping with Index, the latest LN NT11 is going to explain the backstory and history behind Touma"s and Shokuhou Misaki"s aka Mental Out"s relationship before he lost his memories.

Going on to Railgun, the manga"s upcoming 10th volume print is going to have some major changes to the way things happened in the monthly released chapters. Misaki saves Dolly, longer epilogue, extended and new chapters, and proper explanations to everything in the plot that was dropped in hopes of giving a proper closure to the Daihasei Arc. There are also some changes to the battles themselves for example the Dragon that came out of Touma"s arm to stop the black energy ball that was being created by Mikoto is now 8 dragons approved by Kamachi probably as some form of foreshadowing or something. Finally there has been confirmed a new story arc for the manga titled Dream Ranker Arc” that will be taking place during the Adriatic Sea Arc of Index.

No news on rather or not the Accelerator manga is actually planning on making some form of sense or at the very least get a better art design.

As far as updates on the Railgun anime as stated before the Editor for the manga stated that there will be no plans for a 3rd season until after a possible season 3 of Index and there is no confirmation that they will do one.

That's it for Raidex News Weekly, Good Night and Good News.

I hope this helps.

(sorry for the jokes and sarcasm)

• Well that was a rather informative post above. Not much more to add, though I would like to see more of this show because it's definitely one of my favorites. But I think I'd rather have A Certain Scientific Accelerator anime, though that's far more unlikely.

Personally I don't know anywhere near enough about this subject to be able to guess if there will be more or not, however taking a look at dates we should know relatively soonish.

Index was released in 2008, Index II was released in 2011, so that's 3 years there. Then Railgun was released in 2010 and Railgun S came out in 2013, so that's 3 years again. Since an Index movie came out in early 2013 as well, I'd say that odds are if there's going to be more then Index III will be announced sometime around the end of this year/beginning of next, and Railgun (insert letter here) would be announced around the end of 2015.

So, basically, all anyone can do is sit and wait and hope that something gets announced sooner rather than later.

• Well 8 of the 10 To Aru 10th anniversary announcements have been released and it is highly believed that the 10th announcement would be for Season 3 of Index since most of the rest announcement were basically trolls by Kamachi.