What's the order?

• Is there a set order, like what shows come after what? I just started in on the Tenchi shows, and I noticed that I should've started with the OVA series instead of GXP.

• in order of continuity: Tenchi Muyo OVA Series, Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki, Tenchi Muyo GXP, Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar
    Tenchi Universe is a separate continuity. Same characters you see in the OVA's, just slighlty diffent origin stories. Movies 1 and 3 are set in this tenchiverse
    Tenchi in Tokyo is yet another separate continuity from the other two. Same characters, very different setting.

• A picture is worth a thousand words. ~_^

• @Getchman:

in order of continuity: Tenchi Muyo OVA Series, Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki, Tenchi Muyo GXP, Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar

Your not wrong but I feel like I need to point out that Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Ohki is just the english branding of the 3rd Tenchi Muyo OVA series. This can be confusing at times while shopping on the internet because you might find things listed as the complete OVA series but then discover that it's missing either the first 2 or the 3rd.

• Thanks for the clarification, I was getting confused what the Ryo-Ohki series was, but apparently its just the third season of the original ovas.