General MIA/'Where Have You Been?' Thread

• We all have times in our lives where, unfortunately, the internet and our favorite places to go on them start to take less priority, at least for a little while, and we are forced to kind of disappear without warning for a little while. Having just recently been through one of those periods myself and feeling like I owe everyone an explanation, I decided to make this thread - but rather than have it just be my little apologetic soapbox, I'll leave it stickied at the top here for whenever any of us have to take a little break, planned or otherwise, and want to let our forum friends know about it.

So yeah, in my own case, I've been MIA for…geez...little over a month, I think? Right as I was wanting to get back into the swing of posting here more than ever before, thanks to having internet at my place now, an unexpected event popped up on my life horizon. And that event was my mom announcing that she was finally getting a divorce from my stepdad. Without getting too into it, I've always disliked the man greatly, so this was music to my ears, but it regrettably did involve me being mixed up in it for a good while. Hey, I even had the cops called on me, technically! Nothing too exciting despite how that might sound though. :P

At any rate though, I'm back now, and thankfully it doesn't look like I missed the start of another tournament or anything, so it looks like I got back just in time!

• Nice to have you back! The forums are still a little buggy, and not all the recent posts show up. Kind of annoying…we have to constantly refresh the page to see everything new.

BTW I sent you a PM, not sure if you've seen it yet.

• I have been on other sites.

• Destiny, and then laziness/lack of contributions.

• Hanging around at home. I would have worked yesterday, but unfortunately, someone died on the job the day before, so they told me there was no work. Doesn't sound like anyone I knew, though if I saw photos, I might recognise him…

I'm glad I was sick that day, in hindsight; it meant I didn't have to be there to see it. However, I wonder if I could have prevented his fate...I'm getting scared that I might have been indirectly responsible...

Even if I didn't know the guy, I get this feeling he'd want me at his funeral anyways. We work in the same place, after all.

What killed him is unknown. That's what they're trying to find out. I don't know when I'll be back at work. Still, I do hope his poor soul can rest in peace...

• been out for a couple of weeks due to work and stuff, nice to be able to lurk around here again :D

• @Akako:

been out for a couple of weeks due to work and stuff, nice to be able to lurk around here again :D

Yea, it has been amazingly quiet last few weeks… although I suppose that is because FUNI Summer so useless that there is "nothing to talk about".

Of course, me getting a bit excited... less then 3 weeks now, and I shall finally once again, "depart this world..."

• @thegrandalliance:

Yea, it has been amazingly quiet last few weeks… although I suppose that is because FUNI Summer so useless that there is "nothing to talk about".

Of course, me getting a bit excited... less then 3 weeks now, and I shall finally once again, "depart this world..."

haha nice, not too much longer now. Guess you'll have to catch up on all the shows when you get back.

• @nubguy:

haha nice, not too much longer now. Guess you'll have to catch up on all the shows when you get back.

Shows? What shows? FUNI SUMMER 2016 has shows?!?!?!?!!!?!????

FUNIMATION
    You Should Be Watching…

• yup, and some good one's too, as long as your name isn't thegrandalliance

• I'm not even sure where I've been. I guess after April, I was playing a lot of Destiny, and let anime slide out of focus, then I finally decided to watch all of Game of Thrones before season 6 ended, and that took up a lot of my time. After that, I've been keeping up with a few current season anime, but tweeting about those shows instead of composing forum posts.

I've been meaning to get more active in the communities I'm part of, but just hadn't gotten around to it.

• been on-and-off sick all week, have a weird eye infection top that off… it's just weird through-and-through but i got better!