Funimation why not dub Hunter X Hunter 2011?

• Hunter X Hunter 2011 is becoming a very popular anime. 140 episodes have been released and people from all over the globe watch it. And there is still no English dub for it. It would be amazing if Funimation dubbed the anime. I can't think of a better company to do the dub. Please take this under consideration Funi. Thank you =))

• It hasn't even been licensed yet.

• According to Viz, some one has already got the home entertainment rights to the new Hunter x Hunter series.

• And considering that the first 100 episodes were recently uploaded onto Netflix, the odds of someone having the rights to it are very good right now.

• @killua1994:

Hunter X Hunter 2011 is becoming a very popular anime. 140 episodes have been released and people from all over the globe watch it. And there is still no English dub for it. It would be amazing if Funimation dubbed the anime. I can't think of a better company to do the dub. Please take this under consideration Funi. Thank you =))

Yeah, what he said!

and "killua1994" - great name ^_^

• First of all, im sure a lot of companies would love to get the rights to dub the 2011 Hunter x Hunter anime, but let's put this into perspective here. Like you said it's 140 episodes and ongoing. Usually long anime series take a long time to negotiate licences, especially a series as popular as Hunter x Hunter which multiple companies would try and compete for.

Secondly, not all Hunter x Hunter episodes are out on DVD in Japan, so if they're not out in Japan yet they're not gonna be out anywhere else on DVD. You may ask that they could release the ones already on DVD, but given how the anime's future is up in the air, the licensor's may want wait and see.

And who knows, maybe someone already licensed it but they are still in production. Just don't worry, im sure we will get it eventually.

• The show is amazing & globally popular, I'm sure you guys could fine great english voice actors for the hunter x hunter 2011 reboot!!

• @SpacemanHardy:

And considering that the first 100 episodes were recently uploaded onto Netflix, the odds of someone having the rights to it are very good right now.

Well, I don't know a lot about this, but the online streaming rights might be different from other distribution rights such as DVD/etc? I mean, Crunchyroll has been streaming it for a long time so they have some sort of streaming rights to do that.

If it turns out that a company does already have the rights to it, we can always just hope it'd be Funi. Lately they're the only licensing people I trust to actually put out consistently high-quality dubs while everyone else has been putting out stuff ranging from merely decent to utter garbage (lookin' at you, Sentai Filmworks!)

It'd fit well with their business model, too. I've only seen it get more popular after its run ended, and long-running shonen series are Funimation's bread and butter. Plus, it's by the same mangaka who wrote Yu Yu Hakusho, one of Funimation's iconic licenses.

• Didnt Viz say they were bidding on it with other companies a few months ago?

• that is correct. Viz and another unnamed company are locking in a bidding war right now

• This post is deleted!

• @Getchman:

that is correct. Viz and another unnamed company are locking in a bidding war right now

Can you link me to the post? I can't seem to find it.

• so which company got the series hunter x hunter 2011 licensed?

• @jesusbermudezzarate925:

so which company got the series hunter x hunter 2011 licensed?

• Hi everyone first time post. Wasn't it funimation that dubbed the first 60 episodes? I loved the voices were freat, it would be a shame to change them. Besides you would think if they obtained the rights for the first 60 they would naturally get the rest.

Sorry, that came out aweful. I thought the original voice actors were great.

• This post is deleted!

• @sonofapreacher:

Hi everyone first time post. Wasn't it funimation that dubbed the first 60 episodes? I loved the voices were freat, it would be a shame to change them. Besides you would think if they obtained the rights for the first 60 they would naturally get the rest.

That was Viz, who hired Blue Water Studios to dub the first HxH series.

I am thinking you saw it on the FUNimation Channel. Not everything that aired on the FUNimation Channel was licensed or dubbed by FUNimation. Shows and movies from AN Entertainment, CPM, Viz and Right Stuf have aired on the FUNimation Channel.

• @sonofapreacher:

Hi everyone first time post. Wasn't it funimation that dubbed the first 60 episodes?

no, that was Viz with the first version of the show

• Oh ok, wish we could have original cast tho. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

• Call me crazy, but I'm starting to think that either Discotek or Sentai might end up releasing Hunter x Hunter stateside. If Crunchyroll was given home video rights for the show when they picked it up for streaming (which is looking more and more likely given the silence from other major players like Funimation), they'll inevitably want to partner with a company that doesn't compete in the streaming market. We've seen this happen already with their Discotek partnership to release Free! Season One and other titles, so the possibility is there.

If this article on Fandom Post is anything to go by, we can at least look forward to someone releasing HxH. At this point, I won't even mind too much if it goes undubbed. Just give me it on BD and I'll be happy.

http://www.fandompost.com/2015/06/19/hunter-x-hunter-anime-series-inching-closer-to-release/

• Personally, I like Funimation as much as the next guy. Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Steins;Gate–need I say more? Even so, I think I'd prefer Viz Media for something like this, since it looks like they have a much larger pool of actors which helps keep things feeling fresh and new. (Funimation's dub of Attack on Titan was a LITTLE bit underwhelming because of the fact that I've heard all their voice actors to death.)

Not to mention, since Viz is also the company that provides the English translation of the manga, it could lead to a smoother dub of the series, since Funimation inevitably tends to localize a series a bit too much. Add that to the fact that Viz dubbed the original version of Hunter x Hunter, I think the new series would be safe in their hands.

That's my two-cents' worth :3 even so, I can't wait to hear this series in English!