Comedy…

• Seriously how is this listed under comedies? The first 1/3 of the series is probably the darkest, most depressing anime I've ever seen and features a suicide attempt by a main character. Not exactly a barrel of laughs the rest of the way either.

• I had the same reaction. I saw that it was listed as a comedy and went into it expecting some dark comedy, but what I got felt more drama-heavy.

• It's still a romcom, albeit a surreal one, despite the dark nature. Not every comedy is a series of punchlines, slapstick, and reaction images

Maybe it'd make more sense to call it a comedy-drama, but the comedy is definitely still there, even if it's not your bag of grain

• Well, the romance elements were funny, as were the little zombie cat, some other zombie jokes, and the grandpa, but overall I felt like the drama overshadowed the comedy, which was the opposite of what I was expecting based on Funi's listed genres.

I'm actually rewatching it right now so maybe I'll find it funnier this time around.

• @Firefly:

I had the same reaction. I saw that it was listed as a comedy and went into it expecting some dark comedy, but what I got felt more drama-heavy.

i found a bunch of funny parts in the show but it isn't a classical comedy in that sense. It has plenty of funny moments.

Also horror if you want to see one of the most depressing shows watch rumbling hearts…that's budd dwyer worthy depressing.

EDIT: well this was actually quite good. It kept true to zombie stuff but didn't go all super creepy with it so I actually enjoyed it.

Though, every time I hear main characters name I think of churros.