Log horizon

• there needs to be a dub for this THERE JUST NEEDS TO BE THIS IS MY ALL TIME TOP FAVORITE ANIME EVER i really hope one day there will be a dubb for this anime

• Well part 1 is coming out in November dubbed, so

• oh for the love of god and all things holy don't get it. ITS AWFUL. They butcher the english language and completely change all the personalities.

• I thought it was a fun dub. Black Nyanta was really great and I enjoyed the immature dialog between Naotsugu and Akatsuki

Honestly I don't know why you would want to rewatch a show in a different language if it was just a carbon copy of the original without any deviation. That's not fun at all

• Black Nyanta? guess It's time to resubscribe to TAN

• Nyanta is SO black, which makes Serara's infatuation for him that much better. This (probable) middle school girl has some interesting preferences

What I didn't like about the dub, though, was the inclusion of Nyanta's nicknames for everyone (Shiroecchi, etc), and that weird thing Sentai continues to do in their dubs when they leave 'kanpai' untranslated. It's okay to say 'cheers,' you guys, kanpai isn't really a universal thing people all over the world say when they clink their glasses together

• @Riles:

What I didn't like about the dub, though, was the inclusion of Nyanta's nicknames for everyone (Shiroecchi, etc), and that weird thing Sentai continues to do in their dubs when they leave 'kanpai' untranslated. It's okay to say 'cheers,' you guys, kanpai isn't really a universal thing people all over the world say when they clink their glasses together

Personally I like that they keep some of those things. I feel it just helps to keep some original vibe to it. Not really sure how to explain it just right. But it is a personal preference I know. But personally I like that they keep some of those things. better than hearing him call Shiroe, little Shiroe or Shiroe boy or something else like that. Using the same nicknames just help pays respect to the original and like I said, to me personal sounds a a little better.

• @Riles:

Nyanta is SO black, which makes Serara's infatuation for him that much better. This (probable) middle school girl has some interesting preferences

Jovan Jackson was an inspired casting. Though my impression of his character in the dub leave me thinking that Serara wants him because she can't have him, that the relationship is destined to be, ah, one-sided.

This is above average for a Sentai dub, and is a definite plus over some of the earlier 2014 Kyle Jones dubs. I'm wondering how I'll rank it to the pending IS2 dub.
    @Getchman:

Black Nyanta? guess It's time to resubscribe to TAN

Unfortunately, it isn't on TAN and there's no ETA for when it will be. TAN hasn't posted a new dub in ages. For a while they were posting dubs around the time that RightStuf started shipping BDs and DVDs but they've been "radio silent" for weeks if not months now :(

• if they keep those dorky accents I just might make myself watch IS2 again. might take about a week though

• The dub for LH is definitely not one of my favorites. The dialog is just hard to bear sometimes. And they way some of the leading Characters sound is just terrible. Naotsugu is too rough and then mixed with saying "Dude" all the time make him sound even dumber. Nyanta going form a gentleman tone to someone who clearly isn't but trying to act that way is unbearable to hear. Shiroe isn't that bad but not a good match for that character. Akatsukis is a pretty good match. There are several other voices that just don't match at all to the characters they and the dialog they use make me cringe. Sentai's dub are all pretty much the same to me, as far as voice acting is concerned, but this one is one of the worst I have heard form them. I pretty much had to switch to the original track. The Dialog in may spots was just too bad to listen to.