Why is there a 720p option for dub but not sub?

• Why is this a thing? No HD option for sub, but when you change it to dub it suddenly becomes 720p? Why is funimation trying to make me choose dubs over subs to get the best video quality?

EDIT: Just saw its also like this for Spice and Wolf. This is silly. I'm getting an inferior experience just because I prefer subs.

• What series are you seeing this for other than Spice and Wolf? Does it seem to be consistent across all episodes of the series?

I know there are a few shows where we have some unusual streams because of how and when we acquired the shows, but it shouldn't be something that you're seeing on a ton of shows, I don't think.

I'm going to poke into this some more and I'll get back to you. Please also let me know what other series you're seeing this on.

• @CJ:

What series are you seeing this for other than Spice and Wolf? Does it seem to be consistent across all episodes of the series?

Thanks for letting me know that this is a problem and not intended, what a relief.

As for other shows, while browsing around this site I noticed that these also have this problem

Black Butler
    Casshern Sins
    Strike Witches
    Hetalia

With those 4 + the 2 mentioned earlier, there's sure to be more. These are just the ones I noticed while casually browsing Funimations catalog. I'll continue looking around and post back if I find anything.

As for being consistent across all episodes, I'm wary of spoilers so I don't want to check episodes past the first one, but for Sekirei its at least a problem on all that I've watched so far (the first three).

• Found four more.

Mushi-Shi
    Heroic Age
    Trinity Blood
    Ga-Rei-Zero

The majority of shows seem to be fine, but there is definitely quite a few with this problem