Warning message above video's section informing that their is hentai

• This was an absolutely fantastic anime and I would totally support a kickstarter to pay the studio to produce a second season I loved it so much. HOWEVER, that doesn't forgive the fact that I was watching the first episode at work while programming when my boss walked in during the first nude part. I was shocked, and I'm sure the TV-MA rating is somewhere on the site, but really is it so much to ask that a label above the Episodes header and below the navigational tabs that says "Warning: Nudity" or "Warning:Nude sex scenes" so that it's easy to discern this information? I'd also like to point out that labeling something TV-MA doesn't really mean much, I've noticed most anime's seem to be labeled TV-MA, almost every one on Hulu and Netflix are (I think shin chan is even, and the most nudity you get there is a poorly drawn ass which really isn't nudity). I went to see if I could find the rating and it's above the link to watch a dub, and if you can tell me on Funimations website only shows with nudity are rated TV-MA then I pull back my request.

And if you are thinking "that would look bad" or "that is kinda tacky", I've been working as a java software engineer (building mostly commercial websites) for 10 years and I can tell you one thing: Never trust a software engineers design suggestions. We go for practical not what looks best. However, I would like to say, this is practical and gives a clear warning. There is only one real downside I could see for this, it's a slippery slope, first you do it for sex and nudity. Then some parent blows up and says "you do it for sex and nudity, why don't you do it for strong language" before long you will have to scroll a mile to find a video after going through all the different warnings. So if you guys did make this change, drawing a line in the sand saying "this is what we will do it for and nothing else" written into the terms and conditions of using the website (so that they couldn't sue you for not complying with their request, remember american moms with money sue over stupid unwinnable things all the time).

Note I found this show when looking for it by filtering action on the mobile app. The mobile app could use something like this too but since it wasn't written by funimation don't know if much could be done about it.

TL;DR: Some clear sign (TV-MA doesn't cut it) that there are sex scenes would really be nice.

• The TV-MA warning is everywhere. It's on the show's site page, it's in the text box when you hover over a specific episode, and it's right there below the video player on the video page. Frankly I'm not sure how you missed it that many times

I'm not sure why you'd need specific reasons for an MA rating anyway, unless you wanted to separate the violent shows from the fanservice ones, but that's not what you're arguing for here. Seems like it's already self-explanatory that TV-MA stands for mature audiences, which is probably not something you should be watching in any socially public setting anyway

• I'll run this by Sophie, but I'm pretty sure we won't be making why a show is TV-MA more clear– if only because the lines are really blurry sometimes. However, I'll be investigating what the messaging looks like on our mobile devices. We might be able to make that more clear.

I'd definitely say MOST of our TV-MA titles that feature key art with extremely well-endowed women in short skirts or spandex are TV-MA for nudity, so you can use that as something of a yardstick-- however, I would consider all TV-MA content to be potentially NSFW unless you have an extraordinarily cool workplace. ^_^

• I think the real question here is…. Why are you watching anime while you're on the clock?

Get back to work, you slacker! -_-

• Maybe this might be a compromise now that I see on the home tab there is a sub box with genre, rating, etc. Maybe place an additional box there that says nudity and sexual content? For example, one of the suggested anime's is High School DxD, and right now I'm trying to figure out if there is just going to be some nudity or if there is going to be full on sex. I see it says harem, and before I wiki'd that I had no idea what that meant, after wiki'ing it, it just means lots of women around the main character like in Tenchi Muyo. But there is no way of knowing if I'm going to essentially watching a hentai show, or if it will just have scantly clad women with adult humor right now. Just trying to find an anime that'll give me a good laugh (with mature humor) without full on sex.

Also one other request on the mobile app while we are talking about it, any way to add episode number? Because when I watch on my mobile device sometimes the lists (any one of the tabs) doesn't actually sort them in order (a great example of this bug is shin chan) and there is no way to know which episode is next for sure.

Most places I've worked don't really care if you are watching tv while programming so long as you get your work done. Oddly it helps me focus, but it's also why I watch exclusively dubbed anime because I'm not really watching anime so much as glancing at it and listening to it.

• @rasperin - If you were embarrassed to be seen watching Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero at work, you are DEFINITELY not going to want to watch DxD at work, IMHO– but then that's just my opinion.

None of our titles are considered "hentai", but a lot of our TV-MA content has bare breasts and sexual situations, that's why we have an age-gating system. I don't think that we're going to start sub-dividing our ratings, but I can't think of any shows off the top of my head that don't look like exactly what they are. Maybe Dance in the Vampire Bund? But most of the shows that have sexual content for their TV-MA ratings have key art and descriptions that look like they might have sexual content in them. (compare Freezing or Haganai's show page with Eden of the East or Darker Than Black's, for example.)

If you want scantily clad women and adult humor, without the naked parts, you're better off sticking to TV-14. I can't say that there's there's zero naked in TV-14, but only because I haven't seen literally everything on our site (yet!) but I'm pretty sure sexual content/nudity is one of the things that will automatically cause a series to get a TV-MA rating, if it's uncensored.

The numbers not appearing on the mobile app is a known issue that we're working with Phunware, the app's developer, to resolve. It should be resolved in the next update of the app, but I don't have a release date for that at this time.

• This post is deleted!

• the only show that I can think of where you know without a doubt that sex is definitely happening is Rin ~Daughters of Mnemosyne~ nothing explicit is shown because that would be actual hentai, but several people do have sex. High School DxD has tits, a lot of them. not something you should watch at work

• Honestly, I'd just play it safe and stay completely away from TV-MA shows while you're at work.

Even if the show doesn't have any nudity or sexual situations, odds are there's something that isn't exactly considered "work safe" in the show if it's earned a rating like that, whether it be strong, graphic violence like in Blood-C or Deadman Wonderland or a cavalcade of F-bombs like in Panty & Stocking or Black Lagoon.

Keep it TV-14 or lower, and you shouldn't have any problems. ~_^

• Why not just adding the standard lettering, L, N, V, ect.? It is provided before most programs. But I must say, if you're watching anything but a work related vid at work, you're just slacking off anyway, nudes or gores. And it has rogue right in the title ffs!

• I have a very cool work place, I watch Team Four Star Dragon ball Z Abridged :D Do not worry I have purchased the entire series several times (sept for Kai) Oh yeah I was making a point … stupid A.D.D. Right i remember now, seriously do not watch TV-MA stuff at work, even i would not watch it at work ... maybe. If your gonna watch anime, make it kid friendly. (works customer service) But now i remember why i kept reading the posts. It was HELLarious.

• What affronts me is not that such content lurks hidden beneath the surface, but that anyone should find sex objectionable in the first place.