Free! ES Episode Predictions/Discussion

• Seeing as how the Free!'s second season is so close, I feel there is a need for predictions. As done previously with the first season, the official website has posted caps of the episode before the airing. You can find the website here: http://iwatobi-sc.com/

To start up discussions, what do you believe is happening in each of the the caps?

• kinda looks like stuff that happened in season 1

• @Getchman:

kinda looks like stuff that happened in season 1

True, but this time around there won't (hopefully) be the same drama as last time. I'm hoping that Sosuke will not change everyone's attitudes towards swimming and such. The people I can see getting changes are Nagisa, Makoto, and Haruka,

For Nagisa, over the past few months magazines and interviews have hinted towards character development for him this season. Perhaps Sosuke will trigger it?

For Makoto, magazines and interviews once again hint and blatantly state there will be a change in his relationship with Haru. Seeing as how the third years are going to be discussing what they do after high school, the two are most likely going to go their separate ways.

For Haruka, I can only see further development socially. In the end of the first season he became more vocal for the sake of his teammates and started smiling "on the outside" as well. Seeing as how they hinted at Haru and Makoto's relationship changing, he most likely won't have his "translator" around any more.

(Sorry if it seems like a long reply for what you posted, but I've been itching to write that out.)

• As long as Rei gets more screen time I don't really care tbh, I just hope the new character doesn't cause the same melodrama Rin caused in S1 and I'm excited for Nagisa's character development, as for predictions I have no idea what this new character brings to the table but in the PV it looked like he was gonna fight Rin? That would be fun(^v^)

• @StacyBo:

As long as Rei gets more screen time I don't really care tbh, I just hope the new character doesn't cause the same melodrama Rin caused in S1 and I'm excited for Nagisa's character development, as for predictions I have no idea what this new character brings to the table but in the PV it looked like he was gonna fight Rin? That would be fun(^v^)

I'm hoping for that to be some sort of secret handshake, but probably not. XD As long as we don't have a Rin 2.0, everything's fine in my book as well. ^w^

• I predict I will continue to not care about the franchise.

• First episode was pretty good, it almost feels like the show never left, to be honest, and it got a few good laughs out of me. Nice to get two races in one episode. And that cherry blossom pool was pretty. I still love Gou, she's so cute. I did think that the new guy would join Iwatobi, so I was a bit surprised to see him transfer in to Rin's school.

• @Firefly:

First episode was pretty good, it almost feels like the show never left, to be honest, and it got a few good laughs out of me. Nice to get two races in one episode. And that cherry blossom pool was pretty. I still love Gou, she's so cute. I did think that the new guy would join Iwatobi, so I was a bit surprised to see him transfer in to Rin's school.

I agree with you! The way they went through the episode, especially in the beginning, made people more familiar with the characters all over again. And I think it will interesting to see the differences between Sosuke's relationship with Rin and with Iwatobi. Seeing as how Rin and Sosuke were/still are close, we've got a great season ahead of us! :D

• Hello again! Seeing is how this will now be our main discussion thread, I will post here regularly. I am anxiously awaiting the next water day as the rest of you hopefully are. If you were lucky enough to see the episode, then you saw the OP, Dried up Youthful Flame, and the ED, Future Fish, were quite interesting. Towards the end of the opening, the following images flashed:

Just like in the opening from last season, things flashing gave a peek at what was to come. For instance, Rin was crying in the last opening as well. Just like in this one, it flashes briefly before moving on.

What events do you guys believe these images could be hinting at?

Also, the official site has once again posted the preview images for the upcoming episode!

Sosuke seems a lot nicer than his first official art gave off. Also, I'm wondering if that fight/brofist will happen between him and Rin this time. (Fingers crossed for a brofist!)

• (Oh yeah! A nerdy handshake!)

It's Monday once more, and that means episode caps!

The episode title is kind of scaring me, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't cut Rei from the show in the 3rd episode. But still, the way Nagisa looks in the last cap is concerning. But from the looks of it, Nagisa is still in Haru's house in the 5th cap, so maybe he stopped Rei from leaving.

I really hope this isn't related to Rei not being confident because of only swimming butterfly. What do you guys think?

• Oh my goodness episode 3 is my favorite episode of Free! so far, it was just, everything I wanted and more >
    Nagisa asking Rei not to leave ahh it was beautiful

• Wow episode 3 was really good. Rei worked so hard to learn to swim different styles, I'm really happy for him. Obviously he still needs more practice but he's improved a lot and that level of dedication is admirable. I don't really like how Sosuke seems to be taking issue with Rin having fun with his friends. Seriously dude, let Rin be happy.