Chrono Crusade

• Via ANN

Genres: action, comedy, drama, romance, supernatural
    Themes: demons, girls with guns, historical, religion, shapeshifting
    Objectionable content: Significant

Synopsis: In New York, 1928, the seals between Earth and Hell are breached. Brandishing sacred weaponry, Sister Rosette and her partner Chrono dutifully serve the Magdalene Order, a divine organization that cleans the streets of demonic filth. Their main target: Aion, an indomitable devil reining apocalyptic horrors over America.
    A doozy of a devil himself, Chrono's true powers can only be released at Rosette's command - draining her own life in exchange. Staring mortality straight in the face, this dynamite pair races against time to destroy Aion and restore the balance between good and evil.

via TRSI:

[Chrono Crusade DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition

](http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/Thk9N9CmpbXaBzk0Mp/browse/item/99689/4/0/0)

Contains episodes 1-24.

Special Features: Commentaries for Episodes 1 and 10, Azmaria's Extra Classes, Original On-Air Openings, Unused On-Air Openings, Textless Songs, Trailers.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

• Great series, one that I definitely need to get around to re-watching eventually. I'd totally be game for a reboot that's closer to the manga though. There's not a whole lot different in the long run, but the manga's conclusion is just awesome.

• I never did get past the first single volume, but I did like that end theme.

• Both themes are in my import CD collection (and I also have both in the OP and ED video collection on my phone).

I watched it before reading the manga (and I think I'm still missing a couple of volumes…) so the fact that it was different had no bearing on my enjoyment of the show.

• I'm glad that this show didn't follow the manga. The manga originally kept me away from the show as I didn't care for the way it took the series. I watched the anime for the dub cast, as I thought that the show was just some "kiddie" monster-of-the-week fare, but I ended up with a competent show. I was surprised. It did something in its ending that few other shows have done.

I'm more surprised that Funimation decided to get the ADV extras for this one. If only they could have done that with the vast array of extras on Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040.

On one hand I'm glad that this show is out there. On the other, I'm disappointed that it has fallen to S.A.V.E. as it is something of an Anime Classic.

• One of the best GONZO series, next to Last Exile and Trinity Blood.

• I really like this series too. The ending to me was great because it was so unexpected.

I plan on buying the series, but I want to make sure I get the extras. The site I buy from has both the 2011 release, and the S.A.V.E. edition for sale. The 2011 costs less, so I want to buy that one. But if it doesn't have the extras then I'll go with the S.A.V.E. one. Can anyone confirm if the extras are on the 2011 edition?

• I exhumed my copy of the Funimation 2011 rescue of this and it has the ADV commentaries (rare for Funi and why I bought it) as well as the Azmaria's Extra Classes tidbit.

The back of the 2011 box reads:
    EXTRAS INCLUDE
    Azmaria's Extra Classes (bilingual)
    Commentaries (Episode 10, disc 2; Episode 1, disc 1)
    Textless Opening and Closing
    Never Before Seen Openings
    Trailers

Sounds like the SAVE edition's extras to me.

• Thanks for the info sidereal. I'm definitely going to buy it now. Besides the lower price, I also want to avoid getting a copy with that S.A.V.E. edition logo on it.