1 month free trial cost 7.95?

• when you put the 1 month free trial in your shopping cart why does it try to make you pay for it? I keep reading that it doesn't charge you until your trials up but your obviously paying for it right then and there…whats up with this?

• I think you might have accidentally tried getting a Gift Subscription instead of a free trial. You can't put the trials into your cart but you can put gift subscriptions in the cart. Also the free trials are only 14 days (it says that several times).

to get the free trial go to this link and click "Start your free trial"
    http://www.funimation.com/subscribe

EDIT: It does require you to put in a payment method because once the 14 day trial is complete it will charge you for the next month of a subscription. So if you want to get a trial and during the 14 day period you decide you do not want to remain a subscriber then you need to cancel your subscription or you will be charged $7.95 for the next month.

• Sounds like a technical issue to me. Try submitting a support ticket and Sophie or CJ will help you out as soon as they can. :)

• @sandman64:

I think you might have accidentally tried getting a Gift Subscription instead of a free trial. You can't put the trials into your cart but you can put gift subscriptions in the cart. Also the free trials are only 14 days (it says that several times).

to get the free trial go to this link and click "Start your free trial"
    http://www.funimation.com/subscribe

EDIT: It does require you to put in a payment method because once the 14 day trial is complete it will charge you for the next month of a subscription. So if you want to get a trial and during the 14 day period you decide you do not want to remain a subscriber then you need to cancel your subscription or you will be charged $7.95 for the next month.

[Edited by CJ to avoid confusion about signing up.]

Which states:

Elite Video Subscription
    30-Day Free Trial Monthly Subscription

But then asks $7.95

• topic covered in faq
    hope this helps

Why am I being charged at the beginning of my free trial?

Our payment processor is only putting an authorization charge on your account. The hold amount should be $0.00 if you signed up with a credit card or the full amount for your first term if you signed up with PayPal. If you notice a different amount, please email funimationstore@funimation.com as soon as possible.

If you cancel before the end of your trial, you will not be charged.

If you signed up with a credit card and notice that the authorization hold is more than $0.00 (or more than the amount of your first subscription term if you signed up with PayPal) or you have more than one authorization hold, you may have clicked the Submit button more than once during checkout. As long as you only have one username, you will not be charged more than once even if you have multiple order numbers.

• @silentkoala - you are getting that when you google "funimation free month" because the only time when we have offered a free month has been for promos. You are not able to use that URL, currently, to sign up for a trial or a free month because that's an old promo URL. In fact, I'm actually getting some weird returns for even using the URL at all, so I'm surprised that you were able to get to a "Subscribe" point with it where it wanted to charge you $7.95.

While we do occasionally run specials on subscriptions, the current "normal" subscription service is a 14-Day Free Trial, which will automatically renew you for your first month at the end of the trial. You do, however, have to enter a payment method for the trial.

In addition, you only get one free trial, so if you are unable to get the free trial, it's possible that you have already used your free trial for the account. If you have any questions about this, you'll need to submit a ticket with the reason code "Subscription Billing" through the support system, to speak with a billing agent.

Let me know if y'all have any further questions about this– I'll be happy to clear things up as much as possible.

• @CJ:

@silentkoala - you are getting that when you google "funimation free month" because the only time when we have offered a free month has been for promos. You are not able to use that URL, currently, to sign up for a trial or a free month because that's an old promo URL. In fact, I'm actually getting some weird returns for even using the URL at all, so I'm surprised that you were able to get to a "Subscribe" point with it where it wanted to charge you $7.95.

While we do occasionally run specials on subscriptions, the current "normal" subscription service is a 14-Day Free Trial, which will automatically renew you for your first month at the end of the trial. You do, however, have to enter a payment method for the trial.

In addition, you only get one free trial, so if you are unable to get the free trial, it's possible that you have already used your free trial for the account. If you have any questions about this, you'll need to submit a ticket with the reason code "Subscription Billing" through the support system, to speak with a billing agent.

Let me know if y'all have any further questions about this– I'll be happy to clear things up as much as possible.

Hi,
    This is a link on the funimation site.
    If you go to
    http://www.funimation.com/p/subscribe#begin
    Click on the free 14 day trial
    Click on Paypal
    It ties to charge 7.95

Please explain how this should work.
    Thanks

• i Created new account and tried you new 14 day it did the same thing ? are you just doing the trail as a fake to make money or is this a glitch?!