Knights of Sidonia exclusively on Netflix

• Netflix will be streaming the complete 12-episode exclusively on Netflix, and it will include both the Japanese audio with English subtitles and English dubbed. The streaming release date is July 4. This is the first time, Netflix is going dubbed and release an anime. The english trailer is currently on Netflix.

• Added this to My List as soon as I noticed. Aside from M3, I believe Sidonia was the only new show I haven't yet tried this season.

Hope it does not disappoint.

• Thanks for the tip. Had to search by name to find it. For some reason, New animes don't show up in the recently added category for me. I think Netflix has it out for otakus. Mass conspiracy. Like Canadians invading.

I know. I just tore the wool from your eyes, right?

• @h1k1k0m0r1:

Thanks for the tip. Had to search by name to find it. For some reason, New animes don't show up in the recently added category for me. I think Netflix has it out for otakus. Mass conspiracy. Like Canadians invading.

It likely just doesn't show up in category listings until the actual episodes are out there. I tried watching the trailer on the 360 app, and it doesn't play.

• I'm just curious of what the quality of the dub will be like since this is their first time dubbing an anime (maybe first time on any animated show, correct me if i am wrong). I just hope they do a good job on it because i was really interested in seeing this show

• @8hatman8:

I'm just curious of what the quality of the dub will be like since this is their first time dubbing an anime (maybe first time on any animated show, correct me if i am wrong). I just hope they do a good job on it because i was really interested in seeing this show

Based on the known cast, it's probably Bang Zoom Entertainment that's producing the English dub.

• @EyeOfPain:

Based on the known cast, it's probably Bang Zoom Entertainment that's producing the English dub.

Well thats a decent sign at least, guess i might have to get back on Netflix again

• I'll wait for a disc release.

• Does Netflix put any of their 'original' series out on disc? Well regardless, since I have access to Netflix instant I'll at least give the first episode a watch.

• I'll have to look for this…. I need a break from what I've been watching, so thanks for the info!

• @LuckySeven:

Does Netflix put any of their 'original' series out on disc? Well regardless, since I have access to Netflix instant I'll at least give the first episode a watch.

Yes, they do Orange Is the New Black Season 1and House of Cards season 1 & 2 are both on dvd/blu-ray. Also Arrested Development: Season 4 is coming out on dvd.

• This was actually pretty good, I hope they do another season. The story was decent and the action was great, the animation was good but one struck me as odd. The way the human characters were drawn…. just seemed different to me, not in a bad way just threw me off a bit.

• @clutz1572:

This was actually pretty good, I hope they do another season.

we're getting one in the fall

• Are you saying it has a english dubb or it will be getting one? Also how do you know its getting a dub?

• @cloudkicker:

Are you saying it has a english dubb or it will be getting one? Also how do you know its getting a dub?

well, it's available right now on Netlfix in English, Japanese, and I think Spanish. I'm also saying that a second season was announced for the fall season right after the credits in Ep 12 when it was airing in the Spring. So Neflix will probably have it up by winter

• Getchman - Sorry, shouldve put a name next to who I was aiming the questions at. My questions were aimed at ZZdog30 on the original post of there being a english dub for that anime on netflix! Also when I play that anime on netflix it only has english subs, NO Dub. So my question still stands does that anime have a english dub for you guys or is it going to have one in the future?

Happy to hear there is a 2nd season though and ty for letting me know where you seen that info at Getchman and replying to my questions
    !

• @cloudkicker:

Getchman - Sorry, shouldve put a name next to who I was aiming the questions at. My questions were aimed at ZZdog30 on the original post of there being a english dub for that anime on netflix! Also when I play that anime on netflix it only has english subs, NO Dub. So my question still stands does that anime have a english dub for you guys or is it going to have one in the future?

Happy to hear there is a 2nd season though and ty for letting me know where you seen that info at Getchman and replying to my questions
    !

Kinghts of Sidonia, does have an english dub. I have already watch season one of Kinghts of Sidonia in english. Its sounds like you need to change the audio from japaneses to english.

• While this show had some good ideas it didn't measure up. The show really rushed through its character and plot development, which hurt it (how much I'd have to read the source material to see), but it was unforgivable when they wasted time with otaku-pandering, generic-high-school-anime antics. Apparently those survive an apocalyptic event :)

The English dub was worse than the jerky, low-quality 100% CG animation featured in this show. The less said about it, IMO, the better.