Jumping the Shark!

• It's been a long time for me to post but i believe this thread to be in the correct place, so here it goes.

"Jumping the Shark" is a term coined after the Faunz (hope I spelled that correctly) literally jumped a shark while on water ski's on the show Happy Days. The term is meant to "pinpoint" the moment at which a particular show has started to decline. So my question would be, what shows, anime or other, do you guys feel "Jumped the Shark" at some point and that show was no longer the same for you in a negative context?

I would like to give an example but I am currently trying to figure out how to us the spoiler function and will have to give my example at a later date lol. But I am curious to see what you guys think!

• To use a spoiler just put a [̣spoiler] on one side, and [̣/spoiler] on the other side.
    anything between the

! will be covered

On topic… one that comes to mind is Captain Tylor; not really a spoiler I just felt the show never really picked back up with the OVAs after the anime ended.

Another one would be Nadia when Anno left, not much needs to be said about it but you'll know it when you see it.

• Welcome back USC514

@St0ck:

To use a spoiler just put a [̣spoiler] on one side, and [̣/spoiler] on the other side.
    anything between the

will be covered

Thank you St0ck :) I have been wondering the same thing for a while.

• @ Stock- thanks for the tip!
    @ Sandman- Its good to be back.

Now my example is, now that I can properly work the spoiler button, from Family Guy

! When they killed off Brian only to bring him back several episodes later
    I felt like this was the nail in the coffin for me. Many may argue that the show was in decline well before this point, and some would argue that it was always in decline but that's neither here nor there.
    And thinking about this from an Anime stand point it, I am finding it harder to find an example. It may be to the fact that many of the shows tend to be shorter in length and feel more rushed than anything. Its kinda hard to jump the shark in 12 episodes. , And I wouldn't dare speak ill of Bleach, or FT, the longest shows I've seen thus far.